PNW4wda Trail Jamboree 2018

Area for club members and candidates to post pics and reports of new PP Club called runs and events.
TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

PNW4wda Trail Jamboree 2018

Postby TJDave » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:05 pm

This year's Trail Jamboree had a new host club leading trails. It's us, the Peakputters. Due to a club backing out late, we were asked if we would still be interested in hosting. I had been trying to get us in for a few years. Oddball, Scumby, Yrjan, TJDave took the challenge, with Roman showing up Friday from Liberty. It was slightly frustrating on the first couple days due to some lack of communication on which trails exactly we would be hosting. After all, we were there on Sunday to pre-run and clear our trails if need be. But, any day in the mountains with our wheelers is a good day. It all was ironed out in due time and our 3 runs were: Rimrock, Divide Trail, and Clover Springs/Mud Springs. Pretty sure they will remain the same next year. Rimrock ended up cancelled due to no one signing up. Tuesday/Wednesday(?), the group pre-ran Divide and Clover Springs. I was in camp setting up and doing Tech inspections with Leonard. I am not exactly sure when or what happened, but Ed's TJ was having locker problems. He loaded it up and headed out for Tri-Cities to swap out with his yellow Jeep/thing. Curtis' TJ had throw out bearing problems. He loaded up and also headed to Tri-Cities to swap for the blue CJ. Desert Rat Matt blew his CJ transmission on Tuesday, loaded up and headed back to Bellingham. There, he swapped transmissions with a spare he had in his shop. He was back Wednesday! 8) All trail hosts, and all dedicated to complete their tasks. Fine work.
Thursday Michael ran the Divide with another club since we did not have an official run that day. His mission was to remember their route and turnoffs. Friday, we ran the Divide on our hosting run with Michael leading the way. He did a great job. After the Divide we had lunch, then Curtis let us down trail 307? I think. We came down 5 fingers and made our way down past Milk Pond. Holding together all day on some pretty good trails, Michael's TJ rear spider gears let loose as he was entering camp. Good timing! It was a great day. Saturday was the Clover/Mud springs run. We gained 2 host rigs with Jose and Brian G. (D Rats). I ran to collect rigs that might have gone to Gold Creek by mistake. We changed the starting point to the Woodshed. I turned around and headed back to camp from the top trailhead to greet the daughter and grand kiddies that were showing up at noon.

Hopefully others can report all the stuff I missed. It was a great week. Thank you everyone.
I will post pictures soon, but right now it's bed time.
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Re: PNW4wda Trail Jamboree 2018

Postby TJDave » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:26 pm

Some pics.
We arrived Sunday afternoon and parked next to the Scumby mobile casa at Elk Ridge Campground. We did it for the power...and the real campfire.

Curtis was already next door at Jim Sprick park. We played some horseshoes and cornhole at Elk Ridge.ImageImage

Setting up the Tech inspection area

We helped pull out the tables and benches

Same area a few days later

Tech inspections

Peakputter camp at Jim Sprick

First stop on the Divide run

Our little Chihuahua Lily turned 12 on this trip. She's been Jeeping her whole life. Not spoiled at all.

Lunch stop

Chillin with the crew at the Park

2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

Return to “Recent Run Reports - Peak Putter Club Runs”