October 27th-28th Naches -Halloween Run

Area for club members and candidates to post pics and reports of new PP Club called runs and events.
iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

October 27th-28th Naches -Halloween Run

Postby iaccocca » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:20 pm

Friday I bailed from work early and headed up to Long Meadow Camp ground at Naches running solo. It was windy. My motor home and trailered Jeep occupying more than their fair share of a lane and a half.
It turned out to truly be a Halloween run when I arrived in daylight. But, nobody got the memo, and all the other campers were dressed as Elk Hunters. Convincingly. I was lucky to get a camp site and reserve another for Matt and Kym, who were arriving later at night.
I started a fire, made dinner and greeted Kym (a co-worker) and Matt (her husband) when they arrived around 9:00 PM with there toy-hauler in tow with their 94(?) YJ inside. When they unloaded they revealed a lift YJ on newish 35X12.50s, a rear locker, winch, but in want of recovery points and a CB.
We enjoyed the campfire in nice fall weather and retired with plans for a 9:00 AM departure.
IMG_0865.JPG
IMG_0865.JPG (1 MiB) Viewed 6197 times

IMG_0864.JPG
IMG_0864.JPG (1.16 MiB) Viewed 6197 times

Matt and Kym were up early enough to get there soft-top on before our 9:00 departure. (Yes, the YJ is sooo close in their toy-hauler that the softtop has to come off.)
We waited for Curtis. We waited for Curtis. Anybody seen Curtis? We departed for the Naches Trial at 10:00 AM, hoping against hope that would not be overrun with elk hunters. We were lucky. We saw wheelers on the trail, but only elk hunters on the gravel roads and trail heads.
The 1st hill on Naches Trail owned me a little, 3 tries without the front locker, before I decided to give the newish wheelers a lesson in airing down.
IMG_0866.JPG
IMG_0866.JPG (1.22 MiB) Viewed 6197 times

You can see the video on the Facebook of the little YJ owning it at 5lbs pressure.
It was an enjoyable day on the Historic Naches Wagon Trail with no carnage, tugging or pulling and just a few minutes of me laying under my Jeep when I decided I wanted to be able to turn right again, not just left.
IMG_0874.JPG
IMG_0874.JPG (516.39 KiB) Viewed 6197 times

IMG_0879.JPG
IMG_0879.JPG (1.24 MiB) Viewed 6197 times

IMG_0880.JPG
IMG_0880.JPG (1.52 MiB) Viewed 6197 times

IMG_0882.JPG
IMG_0882.JPG (1.26 MiB) Viewed 6197 times

IMG_0884.JPG
IMG_0884.JPG (1.27 MiB) Viewed 6197 times

We got back to camp just as daylight was leaving. Made out own dinners and enjoyed the campfire until the RAIN soaked through every thing we were using to be dry.
We decided not to risk taunting the elk hunters anymore and did not run Sunday morning.
It was a great Peak Putter run with the required Peak Putter pauses, one Peak Putter (really, has anyone seen Curtis), and I even made a small batch of Man Quiche.
IMG_0887.JPG
IMG_0887.JPG (565.37 KiB) Viewed 6197 times
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Re: October 27th-28th Naches -Halloween Run

Postby SPR » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:34 pm

The man quiche looks a bit off color. Regardless, I wish I could have made the run. BTW... many Elk hunters are temporary crazy weird about stuff.
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Re: October 27th-28th Naches -Halloween Run

Postby iaccocca » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:19 pm

SPR wrote:The man quiche looks a bit off color. Regardless, I wish I could have made the run. BTW... many Elk hunters are temporary crazy weird about stuff.

Purple potatoes...
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Return to “Recent Run Reports - Peak Putter Club Runs”