2018 West Richland Veteran's day parade

Area for club members and candidates to post pics and reports of new PP Club called runs and events.
Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

2018 West Richland Veteran's day parade

Postby Roman » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:47 am

Unfortunately my phone was busy playing Minecraft most of the morning so I didn't get any pics, but what an amazing way to spend a morning!
We met at McDonald's at 7:30 to discuss the finer points of napkin delivery. After bellies were full and restroom checked we departed for the official staging area. Wow, I would NEVER believe some one if they told me the traffic jam that can happen in WR! Cruising past Tapteal Elementary we got to see a good showing of the marching bands as they preped for their show. Even with all the traffic, people were very considerate, taking turns, letting folks in, not getting p.o.'d when they realize the orange Jeep also had a tiny trailer hiding behind it.

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Re: 2018 West Richland Veteran's day parade

Postby TJDave » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:17 pm

I only took a couple lame pictures. But they are proof that it happened!

A big Thank-you to all veterans!

2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:04 pm

:thu2:
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

Postby Roman » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:03 pm

So I ended up with a little "trail damage"... :evil:

When I was backing into the driveway the trailer got a little crooked and the pintle ring locked up causing the trailer to hop a few times. Didn't think much if it, pulled forward 10', the trailer straightened out, backed it on to the driveway, unloaded and called it an evening.
This morning I moved rigs to blow leaves and what do I find, a bent pintle ring! Not too happy, thought they were tougher than that. I think it bothers me more that an original part is wasted now :scared:

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:59 pm

Roman wrote:So I ended up with a little "trail damage"... :evil:

When I was backing into the driveway the trailer got a little crooked and the pintle ring locked up causing the trailer to hop a few times. Didn't think much if it, pulled forward 10', the trailer straightened out, backed it on to the driveway, unloaded and called it an evening.
This morning I moved rigs to blow leaves and what do I find, a bent pintle ring! Not too happy, thought they were tougher than that. I think it bothers me more that an original part is wasted now :scared:

you can't make repairs?
Lightly Lifted and Locked LJ

I'm Scumby Dammit, take it or leave it!

Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

Postby Roman » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:51 pm

Well, not too sure about "fixing it"
If I use a torch to heat it a straighten it will that weaken it?is there some sort of hardening I might be messing with? I posted on a Facebook military trailer page and one of the guys said after bending his he used a 50 ton press to straighten his, I'm guessing with no ill affect.
My other concern is why did it happen. I was on flat pavement and empty! Can't imagine it would be easier loaded on the trail...

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:07 pm

Roman wrote:Well, not too sure about "fixing it"
If I use a torch to heat it a straighten it will that weaken it?is there some sort of hardening I might be messing with? I posted on a Facebook military trailer page and one of the guys said after bending his he used a 50 ton press to straighten his, I'm guessing with no ill affect.
My other concern is why did it happen. I was on flat pavement and empty! Can't imagine it would be easier loaded on the trail...

i would think bending would weaken it as much as heating it but couldn't quench it in oil to reharden it if it were even hardened to begin with.
Lightly Lifted and Locked LJ

I'm Scumby Dammit, take it or leave it!

Return to “Recent Run Reports - Peak Putter Club Runs”