Strobach Mountain April 23-25

Area for club members and candidates to post pics and reports of new PP Club called runs and events.
Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

Strobach Mountain April 23-25

Postby Roman » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:23 pm

Sniw Park was open, despite all the closed gates leading up to the trails

Lee led the way early afternoon

The Bounder rolled into camp before dusk (barely)

Saturday morning we were joined by a few friends from work, Todd and Casey

Todd has wheeled with us a few times and him and his Jeep have done very well

This was Casey's first time with us, and is still very new to this adventure. His JKU is a LOT lower than I thought a stock JKUR would be, but he definitely followed rule #1, and had a good attitude!

We didn't get too far up the trail to Strobach. Maybe a mile past the cattle guard at the top. We had been dragging the JKUR for some time, then ran into another group. While we watched them pick their lines around the side hill and employ some very "interesting" winching techniques Todd and Casey hiked up the hill to check out the trail. It was determined that this was the end of the road for our group. I suggested Todd and Lee continue on, but they didn't want to break the band up. We decided to take a different trail back down, and while I didn't remember it being private property, the signage was very convincing, so we abandoned our plan B and just bobbed down the gravel road towards camp.
Along the way someone remembered seeing what looked like some logging equipment in a funny parking spot, but I'll leave that one for somebody that actually snapped a pic...

Return to “Recent Run Reports - Peak Putter Club Runs”