Peak Putters Liberty 4th of July

Area for club members and candidates to post pics and reports of new PP Club called runs and events.
iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Peak Putters Liberty 4th of July

Postby iaccocca » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:46 pm

Well, the Peak Putters' 4th of July Liberty 2021 is in the books. I think the roll call filled in, Jose, Sveta and Isabel pulled into Williams Creek holding spots for the rest Thursday PM. Steve and Dolly picked another prime spot by the creek Friday AM. Friday PM yours truly (Lee) and Chris, Millie and Libby [and Belle] picked up a nice creek spot opposite the Ybarra's. PMer Michael and Iulia squeezed their land yacht in and lawn darted it in to put a nice cap on the campsite. Saturday morning Todd and Stacey joined us daytripping for the Saturday wheeling. Dolly and Steve also made friends with their campsite neighbors and they spent some time in camp with us and snuck in a ride or two. Maybe Steve or Dolly will add their names to our roster here. There were few others at the Williams Creek campground, and what there were, were and odd bunch (or maybe they were saying that about us.)
Weekend was hot, hot, and dusty on the trail. Not terribly buggy, but buggy. You know, Liberty. Fortunately, the heat had broken a little bit nd there were periodic breezes, not the winds most of us fought on the way in.
Saturday the group of Jose's YJ, Todd's TJ, and Michael and Iulia's side-by-sides headed out following my LJ (will you ever learn.) If I got lost it was always in the right direction toward Crystal Ridge...
IMG_1126.JPEG
IMG_1126.JPEG (1.25 MiB) Viewed 2792 times

IMG_1128.JPEG
IMG_1128.JPEG (1.75 MiB) Viewed 2792 times

IMG_1131.JPEG
IMG_1131.JPEG (1.64 MiB) Viewed 2792 times

IMG_1133.JPEG
IMG_1133.JPEG (1.63 MiB) Viewed 2792 times

Notably absent Dolly's Jeep with her husband, they headed to less dusty realms.
[and that is all the photos I took]
...and towards Stairstep for some obstacle fun (ask Jose about running the Stairstep in reverse, it is not what you think and Jose wasn't thinking either) and lunch.
Then to Lions rock and just the quick jaunt down the hill. Unless of course the road was closed. Road closed, Peak Putters ask why and pass no less than three signs warning us back. Our reputation proceeds us (I thing Greg told) and the the powers that be put a gate on the opposite side of the washout / obstacle and we were forced to find another way back to camp. We were forced to ride more pavement (ugly messed up pavement) than we care to at trail pressures, etc. Think Super Truck in Ensenada Mexico Red Bull style, only a lot slower. ;-)
No worse for wear we made it back to camp in fair time, saw some really nice cabins :?: outside of Liberty, enjoyed camp life around propane camp fires and some of us ate ice cream.
More leisurely start on the 4th found us decorating rigs for the parade. The parade was less well attended than in past, but it was fun and we represented. Most headed right back to air conditioned motor homes, although some intrepid souls headed to not one, but two yard sales.
In the afternoon, Jose's peeps and Lee's peeps went in search of the Wall Street mine. We were very close, but the fun hill off of the road to the mine just did not fit in my memory, so, no joy. Armed with insider information, and now with Dolly and Steve in tow, we went and successfully explored the mine.
Late afternoon, there were two more not night runs. One discovering a fun ridge trail immediately above camp and another heading to a ghost town.
That evening the Jeeprchicks put on their traditional Diet Cola / Mentos fireworks show. We enjoyed more propane campfire socializing.
Monday morning found all parties pulling out of camp at a nicely staggered intervals.
Hopefully those that didn't have an eager puppy pulling at their arm all weekend, will post up pics and make all those jealous that did not make it. There is some great pics and video on the Facebook. Always my favorite run and always a good time with the Peak Putters.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

Re: Peak Putters Liberty 4th of July

Postby Roman » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:21 am

20210701_194152.jpg
20210701_194152.jpg (1.88 MiB) Viewed 2774 times

Thats all I got...

Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

Re: Peak Putters Liberty 4th of July

Postby Roman » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:27 am

Don't think anyone snapped a pic of Todd and I working on my OBA at the bottom of Stair Step.
I got lucky and my airline blew out just before I started up the roots! Better to lose it there than while climbing! :thu:

No OBA=No Air Locker :scared:

Took a few (several) minutes to figure out a work around, that left the locker working.

Trails were good, traffic was nonexistent, parade was great as always

Return to “Recent Run Reports - Peak Putter Club Runs”