Badger Mountain Challenge

Area for club members and candidates to post pics and reports of new PP Club called runs and events.
Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

Badger Mountain Challenge

Postby Roman » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:39 am

Its 26 hours after getting home and I am still EXHAUSTED

1st, Stacy THANK YOU for bringing this event to our (my) attention. I've never heard of the Badger Mountain Challenge before and honestly I don't know how. This is not one of our normal or routine events by any stretch of the imagination but to say it's a community service doesn't come close to scratching the surface of what was accomplished Friday night.

As many of you know the communication with organizers wasn't exactly smooth, but in the end I think we were as prepared as possible.

Thursday night Al, Stacey, Lee and myself met at the base of Badger Mountain for the volunteer coordination meeting. The Aid station captain had already come and gone so we had to quiz a few organizing members. We wanted to be prepared, while not knowing what was coming.

Friday morning Tim delivered his toy hauler to McBee trailhead to use as wind break and shelter if needed. While there we helped Aid Station Captain John unload supplies, set up easy-ups and tables and got a rough idea of how they would be conducting the aid station. Then back home to try to get some rest before the 9pm-6am Friday night shift mayhem.

We arrived back at the aid station around 8 PM and shadowed the previous shift and got a feel for how they were handling runners and how they were managing the station.The weather couldn't have been any better, low to mid forty's and ZERO wind throughout the night.

Tim, Nick, Al and Lee were amazing! Everyone had fun and everyone kept working to keep the runners on course!

It's gonna take me some time to process the nights events, but I can not wait for next year's Challenge!!!

Return to “Recent Run Reports - Peak Putter Club Runs”