Lost Title

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

tenikiwon2

Lost Title

Postby tenikiwon2 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:58 pm

Does anyone know what the process for getting a lost title in WA? I don't know if it's for the current owner or the new owner.
<b><i>Gone wheel'n......I wish!</i></b> :(
<b><u>Andrew J. Nowicki</u></b>
The FORD III - 2002 F250 7.3L PowerStroke Diesel - Tow Vehicle
Zuks('87 & 88.5) Suzuki Samurai

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:02 pm

I am in the same boat. I have done some reading and I am thoroughly confused. My plan is to go to the DMV with the VIN number. They should register the vehicle in my name and send me a title in three years if the VIN comes up clean. There are faster ways but they may cost more effort and money.
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

Toolegit86

Postby Toolegit86 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:43 pm

go to the wa state highway patrol and set up a date to get the ride inspected. that is how u get started on the lost title. they will issue the 3year if there is no out standing leans or problems with the car..

or u can do a affidavid for owner information. its a paper u fill out and send to olympia to get the info on the reg owner of the car, then from there u can send letters to the reg owner to get the release of intrest. i will take some time but is worth it over the 3 year
Camaro turbo lsx th400
06 Cummins "racetruck"
tj 1ton 40's 5.3 build

509 Crawlers on the facebook

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:24 pm

:?
Last edited by Grumpy on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

binderfan

Postby binderfan » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:34 pm

If you don't plan to sell the vehicle, the 3 year deal in WA is pretty simple. You take whatever info you have with you, pay the registration fees, and get a registration, but no title. I had to do this with my fire truck because the fire department say they sold it with title, the friend I bought it from said no they didn't, and I had a bill of sale from my friend.

3 years without anybody entering a claim, they send you a title, end of story.

Most states have a process very similar to this. Sometimes they call it a bonded title, some call it a temporary or provisional or some other thing.

I also registered it as a historic (hysteric?) vehicle at the same time, so the registration is permanent, even without the title. It was an extra 25 bucks, but that seems cheap for never having to do it again.
Charter Member, SUV recovery team.
Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
Member, Sonora Desert Scouts
Member, JustIH
68 IH Travelall 4x4, a ride in progress, nothing fancy.
77 IH Scout 4x4, a work in progress, made to work, custom rust and body damage.

Return to “General BS Area”