MY JEEP AND TRAILER HAS BEEN STOLEN: UPDATE Maybe found.

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:53 am

That just leaves me speechless...No effort at all? Just amazing :?
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:49 am

When my Mazda pick up was stolen, the sheriffs deputy I was dealing with took it upon himself to go flying (he is a private pilot) and search the usual places for my truck. Above and beyond, huh!
He made a big point of making sure it was not stolen as a prank (it was during my honeymoon), cause he said, "If we find someone driving it we are going to pull them out and throw them on the ground."
I told them to go all Rodney King on an one's a$$ they found in my pick 'em up.
Of course, it was never found.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Doc Casey

Postby Doc Casey » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:48 pm

The sad part is that if it was some rich dudes Benz or Beemer they would have at least tried for a couple of days to find something. Ultimately though, this side of the mountains just has way to much crime. The cops themselves aren't even safe with the rate they've been getting killed around here in the last year. Never mind protect the people or there property.
You have to be crazy to maintain your sanity!!

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:52 pm

*UPDATE*
wife received phone call of a reeported abandonned/stolen 95 jeep wrangler, believed to be mine. trailer is not accompanying the jeep from what we underastand. police report was sketchy. seats and stereo also missing

can someone do a drive by and get pics to verify it's mine and see what other damage there is.

address of vehicle. 13805 1st ave sw burien, wa

how do i change the title of the thread?

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:33 pm

thanks to whoever updated my thread title!

al

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:17 pm

Your welcome. Grumpy is on that side of the state. I texted him (I don't text by the way) to see if he can do a drive by. (Should have sent my gun with him.)
If not my hunting partner lives about 1/2 hour away from said address, he might be able to swing by.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:42 am

Lee, Tell Dave or your buddy to bring a friend when they check out Scumby's Jeep. The place looks like a shit-hole. Why is the rig still there -- Why don't the cops swing by and check out the VIN number?

I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:22 am

Yeah. What the hell is up with the cops?? Not sure I'll be able to make a pass...I'm clear in the north end...Lee, your guy know the area?
Dave

Quote:

-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:34 am

i was wondering the same thing about the cops. is it because they closed the case and it's on the insurance company now? supposedly it was sitting for 3 days when it was reported to the police.

watch it probably just belongs to those people at that shite hole. afterall they do seem to be collecting a few vehicles.

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:47 am

still nothing. have heard nothing about the trailer so i figured i'd post up the trailer build so everyone could see some identifying marks and details.

http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthr ... by+trailer

2500 watt/5000 surge cobrainverter.
champion 8000 lb winch with remote solenoid pack.
2 dc outlets, one on front left tail light and one next to the rear right tail light.
front right tail light has a switch to turn on all four reverse lights.
winch control next to the rear left tail light.
5 on 5.5 hubs.
spring over lift on stock springs.
5 gallon cornelius beer keg underneath in front of winch for water.
stock 16 gallon fuel tank filled from front right of trailer under right front light.
rear fuel filler neck blanked off but still has the license plate holder over it.
had 36x12.5x15 radial super swampers on aluminum 15x7.5 rims.
trailer tongue has a 2" receiver.

here's a video of the tent and i think it was that color.

http://bimo.com/skydome5.htm

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:46 am

Anything on the Jeep? My buddy was on a flyfishing trip (screwed up priorities, huh?) so he could not do a drive-by.
I'll cross post your trailer info...
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:12 am

nothing new. thanks lee.

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:53 pm

LOOK FOR A HALF CABBED YJ COMING TO YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD!

they took the cab, rollbars, tires, wheels (5) electrics for hooking up the trailer, seats, winch and mount, gages (because i had my remote winch control in them) snorkel, cb and antenna, harnesses, york air compressor and brackets, and the list goes on. i'll try to post up some pics.

:( al

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:00 pm

scumby wrote:LOOK FOR A HALF CABBED YJ COMING TO YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD!

they took the cab, rollbars, tires, wheels (5) electrics for hooking up the trailer, seats, winch and mount, gages (because i had my remote winch control in them) snorkel, cb and antenna, harnesses, york air compressor and brackets, and the list goes on. i'll try to post up some pics.

:( al

Holy Crap!!! :( :x
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:32 pm

Wow that sucks!!! So what did the leave ya?
You can follow me.... but it's gonna hurt ;)

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:00 pm

a broken column, someone elses steering wheel, a bucket for a seat but most importantly my arb'd axles!

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:53 pm

So it looks like a local chop shop. As I posted earlier, a lot of rigs have been reported stolen around the Kent area since Jan 1. Scumby, what are you going to do about the rig -- Collect your insurance check and buy it back from the insurance company for pennies? Sadely, it may be time to start with something newer. Don't take the first value offered by the insurance company. I suspect that a legitimate 4x4 builder could accurately appraise your rig and trailer for it's real cost.
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:00 pm

Lee, are you going to cross post this?...Damn, I hate for this crap to happen! John at Auburn Car and 4x4 may be able to help with a value. He's a big Jeep guy...
Dave

Quote:

Beep Beep

Postby Beep Beep » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:45 pm

iaccocca wrote:Holy Crap!!! :( :x
X2!

oddball
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby oddball » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:34 pm

I can't see a chop shop missing ARB axels for resale. This kind of stuff makes you want to use a rig for bait to find the bad guys.

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:22 pm

Screaming Toylet wrote:So it looks like a local chop shop. As I posted earlier, a lot of rigs have been reported stolen around the Kent area since Jan 1. Scumby, what are you going to do about the rig -- Collect your insurance check and buy it back from the insurance company for pennies? Sadely, it may be time to start with something newer. Don't take the first value offered by the insurance company. I suspect that a legitimate 4x4 builder could accurately appraise your rig and trailer for it's real cost.

i would like to buy it back but then have to figure out how to get it from arlington wa to seattle for shipping. it would probably need a seast and air in the tires. maybe even a top.

names and numbers for anybody on the western side who would appraise it?

i had heard about not taking the first offer, does it work? insurance said they would be back in touch in a few days.

Doc Casey

Postby Doc Casey » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:52 pm

names and numbers for anybody on the western side who would appraise it?

Contact Olympic Offroad 253.473.5797 The guy that runs the shop is pretty cool and has a good feel for the industry in this area. Chances are that he can help with that or at least knows where to send you.

I wouldn't count out a chop shop. Most of the getto rats that would be involved in something like that around here aren't going to uderstand about ARB axles. If it was a wheeler or a redneck you likely would have recovered it in the woods somewhere in the foothills

Doc Casey

Postby Doc Casey » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:55 pm

oddball wrote:I can't see a chop shop missing ARB axels for resale. This kind of stuff makes you want to use a rig for bait to find the bad guys.

Count me in!! I want to play :barbare I'v got a few fun toys to bring to the party. lol

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:40 am

here's a link to my winch mount i had. never actually met anyone who had one so it's a little different.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12222 ... lemerchant

also i had synthetic winch rope, i know nothing new but the aluminum hause fairlead was. the fairlead had "KODIAK OFF ROAD" milled into the top of the face of it. when was the last time you saw one of those? :twisted:

Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

Postby Roman » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:48 pm

Al, let me be the first to say SWEET!!! You got YOUR Jeep back :D

The pic doesn't show much detail, but it doesn't look like they trashed it, and you still have your drivetrain and the AXLES. I loved the looks of your rig before and can't wait to see it after the rebuild :wink:

Return to “General BS Area”