BS

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

GRADESCHOOL

BS

Postby GRADESCHOOL » Wed May 30, 2007 5:46 pm

OK so today my mom got pulled over around lunch time in her wrangler and got a warning for not having mud flaps and hers is stock with aftermarket wheels and thats it. Then around 3:30 i got pulled over and got a warning for no mud flaps. its a $112 fine and the cop was a real dick. I have tried to mount them in my inner fender before but the cherokee has some cheap plastic stuff in there and it pulled them out and so i am thinking i am gonna mount some on the rear bumper but the exhaust is in the way. Anyone have an idea or should i just risk it and keep going without them?

79chevy39.5's

Postby 79chevy39.5's » Wed May 30, 2007 5:51 pm

make some removable ones from six states way better than the price of a ticket

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Wed May 30, 2007 6:03 pm

Was it a Richland Cop? What is his name?

Is your XJ really illegal? If it is, you can remove the plastic fenderwell cladding and screw in some flaps or point your exhaust out the side and hang some off of your bumper.

commando14
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby commando14 » Wed May 30, 2007 6:13 pm

That sucks. I didn't think your cherokee was THAT high to require mud flaps? I wonder what the actual laws say.

A few weeks back I seen a cop had a taller truck pulled over and he was pointing at the tires. They must really be watching for things.

I've passed right by several cops in my Comanche, and I had one sitting behind me at a stop light.. never have been pulled over. I really do need to get a trailer though cuz I'm just asking for a ticket.

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Wed May 30, 2007 7:10 pm

No flaps on the Toy right now, either, and he's been stopped a couple times. That's what prompted pulling the fenders. He got talked to by a stater...In reality, most of our rigs are "outlaw". Just my 3" exhaust is enough if they wanted to get on my a$$! Seriously Orwellian IMHO :curse:
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

79chevy39.5's

Postby 79chevy39.5's » Wed May 30, 2007 7:55 pm

well ive driven my truck past cops had them talk to me before about how "cool" it was havent had mud flaps or flares before but now that i hacked the a$$ end up im makin flares and mud flaps

GRADESCHOOL

Postby GRADESCHOOL » Wed May 30, 2007 9:50 pm

ok my dad was wrong on why my mom got pulled over but she got pulled over because her tires stuck out to far. we measured and they stich out about 2.5" and her actual tread that sticks out is 2". so i rigged up some mud flaps that are temporary just so i dont get a ticket and i took my rubber batman floor mats and cut them alittle and made them flaps here are a few pics oh and yes both cops were richland cops. And i have driven by cops alot and had them fallow me and been pulled over before and nothing untile today. but its taken care of for now

Beep Beep

Postby Beep Beep » Thu May 31, 2007 8:27 am

:shock: Holy XJ mud flaps Batman!

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Thu May 31, 2007 10:41 am

That's like...subtle :thu2:
Dave

Quote:

-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.

GRADESCHOOL

Postby GRADESCHOOL » Thu May 31, 2007 5:27 pm

They are alittle over kill but the total price was $3.10 so im not gonna complain and it only took about an hour and a half of work

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:52 am

That cop was likely fishing for something bigger. Be happy you that you got off with a warning because he could have wrote you up. While I lived in Dayton, I noticed that the local 4x4 guys ran huge mud flaps (trucker size) that tickled the ground in response to Sheriff's emphasis on tire coverage. A lot of out of Towner’s received mud flap tickets while passing through Dayton.
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:18 am

Screaming Toylet wrote:That cop was likely fishing for something bigger. Be happy you that you got off with a warning because he could have wrote you up. While I lived in Dayton, I noticed that the local 4x4 guys ran huge mud flaps (trucker size) that tickled the ground in response to Sheriff's emphasis on tire coverage. A lot of out of Towner’s received mud flap tickets while passing through Dayton.

That does qualify as "hen house". But, they probably don't have anything better to do, and I'm sure the city needs the income :roll:
Dave

Quote:

colemancooler

Postby colemancooler » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:03 am

RCW 46.37.500
Fenders or splash aprons.

(1) Except as authorized under subsection (2) of this section, no person may operate any motor vehicle, trailer, or semitrailer that is not equipped with fenders, covers, flaps, or splash aprons adequate for minimizing the spray or splash of water or mud from the roadway to the rear of the vehicle. All such devices shall be as wide as the tires behind which they are mounted and extend downward at least to the center of the axle.

(2) A motor vehicle that is not less than forty years old or a street rod vehicle that is owned and operated primarily as a collector's item need not be equipped with fenders when the vehicle is used and driven during fair weather on well-maintained, hard-surfaced roads.

more info here

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.37

I'm sure your Bat flaps are more than adequate
:thu:
shindig wheelers #36

GRADESCHOOL

Postby GRADESCHOOL » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:47 pm

Has anyone found anything on how far out your tires can stick out?

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:56 pm

It cannot stick out legally at all.

WA requires that you have full coverage. Some states are 2". . but not here.

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:32 am

OldGreen wrote:It cannot stick out legally at all.

WA requires that you have full coverage. Some states are 2". . but not here.

Yeah, we're progressive :curse:
Dave

Quote:

Return to “General BS Area”