Customer Service LIVES

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

tobyw

Customer Service LIVES

Postby tobyw » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:24 pm

Just a quick story to let folks know that some companies still do believe in customer service...

A couple weeks back, I ordered a set of front dual shock hoops for my Bronco from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard. Knowing that the '76/77 have a sloping inner fenderwell on the driver side to accomodate the factory power brake booster, I inquired about the hoops and the fenders because I do NOT want to run a bodylift or take a hammer to my inner fenders. I was assured several times the hoops would work with no mods, so I placed the order. At that time, I was also told that they woudl be drop shipped from the mfg, Protofab out of AZ. After not sleeping well that night, I called Protofab and asked about their hoops. Turns out they make two different styles, one that works and one that doesn't... So I called JBG back just to triple check, and was once again assured the hoops would not interfere. Well, fast forward to last night, and a test fit confirmed my fears: the hoops DO NOT fit. Hopping mad, I cleaned up my tools and had a beverage...

This morning, I called JBG to give them the story. After no less than 6 hours, my call was returned and I was told that Protofab only makes one style of hoop, and I woudl need a 2" bodylift to make them fit my '77. Those of you that know me can imagine how this stuck me, so a few minutes later I had an RMA number in hand and tromped out to the shop to repackage the hoops. Then I decided to call Protofab back, and see what they might know about the issue. To my surprise, the guys at Protofab offered to ship me the correct set of hoops TODAY, and they would work with JBG on their own to rectify the $$ situation. The guy was an absolute joy to speak with, extremely knowledgable about not only his products, but about Broncos in general, and I was simply floored by his attitute and service.

Long story short, KUDOS to the fine folks at Protofab for stepping up to the plate on this one! 8)
Yep, I've wheeled one of those, too...

Danny
Peak Putters Associate
Peak Putters Associate

Postby Danny » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:48 pm

If only this could have been accomplished without taking a couple years off Toby's life. :lol:
Forget your age and live your life!

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:04 pm

Ain't that the truth Danny. It seems these surprises (good surprises) are getting fewer and farther between.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Return to “General BS Area”