Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

Cell phone plans???

Postby Roman » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:30 pm

Who's got what?

Sveta and I went out today and were not to impressed with what the providers had to offer . . .

LiftedZuki

Postby LiftedZuki » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:35 pm

ATT. I like 'em (that is compared to others, :lol:) All cell phone providers want your money, but ATT has been good to me.

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:38 pm

We have had Sprint for years. We call it Piece of Sprint. :evil:
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:45 pm

Just switched from Nextel to Verizon (cause Hertz covers part of our plan.) I'm pretty happy with Verizon wireless even as much as I loathed Verizon landline and DSL. :evil:
Nextel always had better coverage east of town than the others. ATT brought the suck as far as coverage here at my house, but I think it had improved by the time Chris switched to Verizon.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Lud
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lud » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:07 pm

I've only had Verizon and while they don't have the flashiest phones like the Iphone, their coverage is awesome. I can take my phone out to Rimrock and use it.
2004 TJ Wrangler X (Rubiclone)
2.5" OME Lift, 1.25 in Body Lift, Flat Fender Flares
35x12.50x15 Maxxis Razor MTs
D30 ARB 4.56s Rear JKD44 w/ 8.8 disk brakes Ford 9" goodies, 4.56 and ARB.

Optiskate

Postby Optiskate » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:15 pm

US Cellular.... Nothing really bad to say about them, but nothing too great either aside from my cell works in the deepest darkest regions of the mountains where every one else's cells wont.

mtnbound

Postby mtnbound » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:34 am

I had AT&T for 10 years and could never use my phone at out cabin south of cle elum. I had friends with verizon that could talk there. So I switched and am amazed at all of the places I do have service. JMO
John
'87 Sami

www.wazuks.com

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:25 am

Jose, We have used US Cellular for many years. Every two years at the end of contract, I compare other plans for service/coverage in Western US and cost. Overall, US Cellular has anyways come out on top.

Currently, we pay $97 a month for a family plan that includes three free cellphones, 1000 anytime minutes, free incoming calls, free mobile to mobile (US Cellular users), and free minutes from 9PM to 7AM on week days and free minutes from 7PM to 7AM on the weekends. We can get new cellphones and batteries each year for free. Coverage in remote areas has been better than AT&T and Sprint.

Our lastest contract is about to expire. Please let me know if you find a better deal.
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:49 am

Well. . .I have had them all at some point.

Verizon has the best coverage. I got broadband internet access in camp at Rimrock.

My advice is to go and talk to the little brown girl at Best Buy. She knows ALL and can even negotiate with the providers.

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:20 am

I have at&t. Had them for years primarily because in othello they were the only ones with coverage for a long time. I've been considering switching to verizon but the free mobile to mobile is nice considering most my friends and family are at&t. I know down in Nevada when we went racing I had almost no coverage out in the desert.
You can follow me.... but it's gonna hurt ;)

Don

Postby Don » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:21 am

I had ATT forever. Just switched to Verizon last week. I can already tell Verizon has way better coverage (sevice most of the way over White Pass), and way less dropped calls. I got one of their smartphones that is the competitor to the iPhone. I actually prefer mine now over the iPhone because I'm not committed to the corporate Apple monster. Verizon still has a decent priced unlimited data plan, as opposed to ATT who now has caps on their plans. Over all I am very happy with Verizon so far.

mattawajeep

Postby mattawajeep » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:49 am

Been using US cell for years. It's the only provider to have good coverage in my area, and it works just about everywhere on the east side of WA. Mattawa, Yakima, Tri-Cities, Walla Walla, Spokane, Moses Lake, Sunnyside and everywhere in between.

Was on ATT, and then Verizon for a while, but neither worked out. Would be really nice if US Cell hard mobile internet, or a smart phone with the linux OS.... The only real problem with them that I've come up against.

Jobin

Postby Jobin » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:56 am

i was verizon for years and had service almost the whole way to parker last year even had service in and out at the pit. But switched to att cause i had to have an Iphone. dont realy have any complaints about them either.

binderfan

Postby binderfan » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:17 pm

I have a company blackberry and a personal blackberry. Company phone is Verizon, personal phone is sprint.

Coverage in the tri-cities is the same. Coverage in the middle of nowhere is now the same as well. I check. The reason for this is that both providers have reciprocal agreements with other providers. This comes and goes year by year, especially when new technology emerges. Newer phones can talk on older networks if you let them.

Sprint gives me two lines for 89 bucks, includes unlimited internet, pictures, texting, e-mail (to yahoo, hotmail, or any other where you have a password and user name), unlimited cellphone to cellphone calling on all networks, not just sprint, 1500 shared "land line" minutes. Additional lines with the same coverage are 20 bucks each. The family texts and shares pix all the time, and since we can all cell phones as much as we want, we never go over 200 minutes between us. Nights and weekends are not counted on the land line minutes.

Verizon has the same package, but I don't know the cost.

Next time, I get a phone with a bigger screen. The QWERTY keypad is a great improvement over a standard phone, but the touch screens have larger keys.

Hope that helps.
Charter Member, SUV recovery team.
Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
Member, Sonora Desert Scouts
Member, JustIH
68 IH Travelall 4x4, a ride in progress, nothing fancy.
77 IH Scout 4x4, a work in progress, made to work, custom rust and body damage.

CopenhagenCowboy

Postby CopenhagenCowboy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:12 pm

i worked at best buy selling phones and plans, if you have any questions i was sent to portland to learn all there is to know about all providers and plans. from all my experience verizon has the best coverage and is priced right there with att. sprint tmobile and us cellular are the cheapest, but they also lack in customer service and coverage quality. :wink:
"a road is merely a suggestion" "Your ricers not so fast with a Jeep on it" "When was the last time you got an adrenaline rush at 3mph?" "Jeeps dont leak, they just mark their territory"

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:29 am

Aren't most of the Cell Towers in the northwest owned by US Cellular?
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

White trash

Postby White trash » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:54 am

Been with at&t for about 15 years and have no complaints really. I've noticed a lot of the signal have and have nots depend on the phone. get a free cheap phone and you get limited signal strength with it but with my black jack II and current jack I have far better signal.

Everyone has dead spots, don't let the "I have signal in a mile deep tunnel with _____!" people fool you. My friends all have different providers and we compare who has what and while verizon has signal most of the time their phones are expensive and their customer service has been lacking at times.

US cell absolutely kicks butt in the hills. They have the most towers so they are the choice of most of the farms up there for that reason but their phone selection is weak.

Sprint has the same signal as nextel which is good but they have the worst customer service I've heard of.

At&t has good service area's, sweet and cheap supply of phones and awesome customer service in my experience. The family plans are nice and cheap with lots of minutes too. :D

CopenhagenCowboy

Postby CopenhagenCowboy » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:46 pm

att is very good with customer service, so is verizon though. when i was selling i was in contact with all providers all day and neither one was ever less than awesome customer service wise. sprint is another story, DO NOT go with sprint simply for this reason. i had customers come in after their first month of service with sprint that had $500 plus phone bills for no apparent reason and sprint would NOT waive the charges. this happened more than 1-2 times a month. All providers have free phones, att has a better selection in my eyes, but verizon is right up there. In any case, make sure you go to best buy to get your new plan and phone because they are not on commission so they will shoot you straight, and there are no mail in rebates, so a free phone is actually FREE! not 49.99 now and you get it back on a gift card maybe 6 months later. the prices plan wise are the same for the plans with verizon and att if i remember correcly. but best buy has a buyers guide with all plans for att sprint and verizon listed so you can see all the stuff side by side
"a road is merely a suggestion" "Your ricers not so fast with a Jeep on it" "When was the last time you got an adrenaline rush at 3mph?" "Jeeps dont leak, they just mark their territory"

Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

Postby Roman » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:02 pm

wow, I knew I would get a few replies, but sheesh . . . :lol:

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:15 am

I'm telling you. . .the cute brown girl at Best Buy. . .just tell her what you want and do what she says. :lol:

Optiskate

Postby Optiskate » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:02 pm

Why is it that taking advice with the words "cute", "girl", and "do what she says" in it always gets you in trouble. :lol:

Sveta
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Sveta » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:07 pm

Does somebody have any experience with Virgin Mobile? They have unlimited everything, but the minutes, plan at $25 a month.

CopenhagenCowboy

Postby CopenhagenCowboy » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:07 pm

i believe virgin mobile uses sprints network. coverage is less than great, but you cant beat the price, and since its no contract it cant really hurt to try it. 90% the phones are very flimsy and poorly built. i wouldnt reccomend them

sams88

Postby sams88 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:23 pm

I'm an iPhone fan. Very happy with it and don't need a big book to try and figure out how to use it. Before the iPhone, I was with Sprint. I hated the customer service, and I was not at all happy with their phone warranty/insurance either.
90 MJ, 5.5" RE Long arm
88 yota p/u

Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

Postby Roman » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:03 pm

So have been "test driving" Virgin Mobile for a couple of months with a cheap ebay phone. Well, we finally stepped up this weekend and bought a blackberry.
That's all . . . :lol:

Return to “General BS Area”