Be safe and warm

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

binderfan

Be safe and warm

Postby binderfan » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:55 am

Saw some really stupid driving in the snow yesterday and today. People who wheel (as opposed to people who just own 4x4s) tend to have experience and understand the risks a bit better, but you can only be behind the wheel of one vehicle at a time.

The other guy still may be a moron, and you can't fix that.

Take it slow, check your emergency supplies, and use your experience. 3 inches of snow should not have created this many fatalities and injuries.

Please be safe. Your family does not need to be smaller.
Charter Member, SUV recovery team.
Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
Member, Sonora Desert Scouts
Member, JustIH
68 IH Travelall 4x4, a ride in progress, nothing fancy.
77 IH Scout 4x4, a work in progress, made to work, custom rust and body damage.

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:25 am

And be aware of dumb kids on snowboards and quads!!! And those of us who haul precious cargo...
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Optiskate

Postby Optiskate » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:43 pm

Snow hits the ground and people's common sense goes out the window. I was amazed to see all the accidents on my way to and from work. my 20 minute commute turned into an hour an 45 minutes one way. Mostly due to people's tendency to gawk at accidents, tail gate, bunch up, and then cause more accidents. I even saw people speeding and talking on the phone.

LiftedZuki

Postby LiftedZuki » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:11 pm

You can easily tell whos the accident prone tards.

The people doing 10mph and the people doing over the speed limit.

I was doing 45 on the highway and someone came ripping by me doing like 70mph (Richland wye) :shock:

tenikiwon2

Postby tenikiwon2 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:54 pm

I guess I didn't get out enough or pay attention to the news. I didn't see 1 car in the ditch or 1 accident. But I did see a bus lock 'em up :D
<b><i>Gone wheel'n......I wish!</i></b> :(
<b><u>Andrew J. Nowicki</u></b>
The FORD III - 2002 F250 7.3L PowerStroke Diesel - Tow Vehicle
Zuks('87 & 88.5) Suzuki Samurai

LiftedZuki

Postby LiftedZuki » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:16 am

tenikiwon2 wrote:I guess I didn't get out enough or pay attention to the news. I didn't see 1 car in the ditch or 1 accident. But I did see a bus lock 'em up :D

Idk if its true, heard the tri cities had 150 accidents reported. :lol:

Optiskate

Postby Optiskate » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:29 pm

tenikiwon2 wrote:I guess I didn't get out enough or pay attention to the news. I didn't see 1 car in the ditch or 1 accident. But I did see a bus lock 'em up :D

On the way home my first night there were cars off of the road about every 150 feet or closer. It seemed as though the cars clustered up too as people would gawk at the accident and then become part of it. Every accident I witnessed could be attributed to pure stupidity. It was just craziness. I was afraid I wouldn't make it home because some one was going to hit me. People tail gated ridiculously close.

On a side note.... I saw a Pasco cop on his cell phone driving in the ice today... way to represent buddy.... :roll:

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:55 pm

Sadly, Brad, them knuckle heads are exempt from the new law. I am, too, when in the van...Real crock in my opinion. Arc does have a "no phone" policy, which is good.
Dave

Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregon80

-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.

-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Optiskate

Postby Optiskate » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:55 pm

Grumpy wrote:Sadly, Brad, them knuckle heads are exempt from the new law. I am, too, when in the van...Real crock in my opinion. Arc does have a "no phone" policy, which is good.

<rant>

That is total BS. You'd think that at least they'd set a good example and pull over before they used their cell phones on a very noticeably icy road. I was irate when I saw that, so much so that I gave him the get the f*ck off the phone hand signal. I don't think he was paying attention though... but he should have been. What if I couldn't turn on the ice or slow down fast enough? I would have hit his a$$ and a little defensive driving on his part would defuse such a situation. Clearly he was too busy on his phone to care.

Honestly, I think they should be setting examples for us, not doing dangerous things that the rest of us are no longer allowed to do for good reason.... :roll:

Edit: BTW... he was doing said driving on an icy road talking on his cell phone in a residential development... my development... and I don't believe the kids were in school... :roll:

</rant>

Return to “General BS Area”