Those Darn Snow Machines

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

OldGreen

Those Darn Snow Machines

Postby OldGreen » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:27 am

Just a catchy title.

I went ahead and joined Snowwest dot com's forums to search around.

There are very few haters. Most of them recognize our rights to be on the trail and even point out that their machines are capable of over the snow travel and, therefore, shouldn't whine about ruts ON THE ROAD.

Overall, they are a really good group of people that have the same concerns that we do about land use. The problem is that, just like with our group, there are a few that are under/mis/uninformed and a few more that are elitists. Beyond that, they seem very encouraging and a bunch of them are even members of our sport as well (Lurch).

My feeling is that we embrace them as much as possible because we are in the same boat from a land use standpoint. We, of course, will continue to do the right thing legally on the trails and police our own. . .I'm sure that they will do the same. Maybe we can set up a meeting of the minds? I think it would be worthwhile to send a united message to our user groups.

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:36 am

Thank you!!! I've been trying to tell people that for years.
You can follow me.... but it's gonna hurt ;)

Phantom 309

Postby Phantom 309 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:33 pm

Well said. I'm glad you posted that.

Like, Lurch said, I've been saying that for years.

White trash

Postby White trash » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:43 pm

It's the same as with anything you have some that are great to deal with and then you have the ones that leave a lasting impression on the opposite spectrum. Myself I don't sled and I don't ever see myself partaking in it but I'll back those that do if they aren't like most of the ones I've dealt with over the years...

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:39 am

All true and seems to be common sense, but I really think it is worth trying to look at the positive side so we can at least have the non-offenders come to a meeting of the mind. The thing that really jumped out at me was that the snowmobile leadership jumped to the DEFENSE of the 4x4 crowd. I'm guilty of not doing the same. :oops:

Maybe direct support and involvement in a group like WHOVA or BRC would help.

Or maybe a more grassroots attempt at direct contact would be a good move?>?

Return to “General BS Area”