ticketed

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

Redbull(Ranger)

ticketed

Postby Redbull(Ranger) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:54 pm

So i got pulled over and ticketed today for talking on my phone. I know it was wrong. but the cop told me that if i had my phone on speaker instead of holding it against my head i would have not got a ticket. To me i feel way for distracted using the speaker on my phone. I feel it way more comfortable to had the phone againts my ear. I'm not really complaining but using the speaker on my phone and holding it seems way harder to do while driving. I dont know what are your thoughts on this?
WATCH OUT!

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:58 pm

Get a Bluetooth speaker that fits on your visor... hands free and legal. That is what I do. But, if you call me while I'm driving, it will probably go to voice mail and I'll catch up with you later... especially if I'm in the Rubicon.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

White trash

Postby White trash » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:08 pm

I agree with the law to a minor extent. If you are yapping on the phone with it to your ear, loudspeaker or bluetooth it doesn't matter. If you can't do it and keep the rig under control then you can't and should be ticketed. If you can do it and keep it in check then I don't see a problem. Most of those that can't keep their rig under control are younger people so they make easy targets.

Myself I probably spend more time online, texting or talking bluetooth or otherwise than anyone I know and its mostly while *gasp* driving. :lol:

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:31 pm

From my point of view, spending most of my day in a BFT cutaway, I hate idiots on the phone in town. If Bluetooth was required, I don't think there'd be as many near misses. Most of the "almost a wreck" deals I see are some yahoo on the phone being the previously mentioned idiots...And I damn sure don't like that the constabulary is immune! Hell, I'm allowed to use mine while in the van under the current law...BS.
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Danny
Peak Putters Associate
Peak Putters Associate

Postby Danny » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:52 pm

Rules is rules....(where have you heard that before Dave?) so I play by them.

It's the other idoits that don't want to play by the rules that are going to cause me, or someone else, lots of grief someday, it will only take a second, and that will really Piss me off, having to go through all the BS of an accident and reporting, etc.
Forget your age and live your life!

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:01 pm

My contrarian nature sometimes gets the better of the left side of my brain :wink: However, this is one rule I agree with :shock:
Dave

Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregon80

-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.

-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

LiftedZuki

Postby LiftedZuki » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:28 pm

It doesn't matter bluetooth or not. ITS THE CONVERSATION. You get lost talking about all kinds of things, the hands free doesnt make you a safer driver.

You're still putting your mind into a conversation, whether hands free or hands on.

Should cd players be illegal next? I know more people who wreck changing CD's or radio stations than cell phones.

I personally text (real short messages, word at a time), browse the net, and call people on my iphone.

What about the people staring at their visor mirrior doing make up? think there eyes are on the road?

Redbull(Ranger)

Postby Redbull(Ranger) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:36 pm

Yea i mean i was just mad he didnt give me a warning. plus its a 120 dollar ticket. I have a bluetooth but it was left at home... i dont text and drive i just had to tell my buddy a really quick direction. i mean if i texted it to him the cop may have not seen me do it but i dont text and drive thats waty more dangerous and just saying a couple words on the phone didnt seem like a 120 dollar ticket... :roll:
WATCH OUT!

White trash

Postby White trash » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:56 pm

Redbull(Ranger) wrote:Yea i mean i was just mad he didnt give me a warning. plus its a 120 dollar ticket. I have a bluetooth but it was left at home... i dont text and drive i just had to tell my buddy a really quick direction. i mean if i texted it to him the cop may have not seen me do it but i dont text and drive thats waty more dangerous and just saying a couple words on the phone didnt seem like a 120 dollar ticket... :roll:

You have the right to do so as you please but the flip side of that is the responsability to deal with the consequences. Pay up, you got caught breaking the law.

Texting isn't such a problem if you're proficient and don't let it take too much attention from the task at hand. I just so happen to be cruising at 60 up I5 in kali at the moment. :lol:

bobracing

Postby bobracing » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:03 am

They are watching very hard on this too. Mother-in-law got pulled over for resting her head on her hand, the officer thought she was talking on her cell.
James
'92 YJ with a little something of everything.

LiftedZuki

Postby LiftedZuki » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:07 am

bobracing wrote:They are watching very hard on this too. Mother-in-law got pulled over for resting her head on her hand, the officer thought she was talking on her cell.

I'd have been PISSED. :shock:

White trash

Postby White trash » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:24 am

LiftedZuki wrote:
bobracing wrote:They are watching very hard on this too. Mother-in-law got pulled over for resting her head on her hand, the officer thought she was talking on her cell.

Why get angry its not going to change anything. The officer thought she was breaking the law and sought to deal with the offender period. She wasn't cited so there is no reason to get your panties in a bunch. :roll:

Danny
Peak Putters Associate
Peak Putters Associate

Postby Danny » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:18 am

Trashy types with lots of wisdom......WHILE DRIVING DOWN THE 5!!!! I almost got into a head-on with a trucker once because he wasn't paying attention. He was 3' over the line before we both decided to dodge right....and I was pulling the Elchevo at the time!
Forget your age and live your life!

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:33 am

This is a very good law. The VAST majority of people are simply not qualified to multitask. I don't consider talking on the phone in a moving vehicle to be an "essential freedom" so. . .just hang the damn thing up, pull over, have your conversation, and get back on the road.

If you get a ticket. . .you broke the law. . .chances are that the cop was looking for a reason to pull you over and you gave him a good one.

Redbull(Ranger)

Postby Redbull(Ranger) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:39 am

yes i know what i was doing was wrong. Just sucks that right when i pull my phone up the cop is waiting at the side of the road. i could have just waited like 10 more seconds to be away from him but oh well badluck.
WATCH OUT!

LiftedZuki

Postby LiftedZuki » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:04 pm

White trash wrote:
LiftedZuki wrote:

Why get angry its not going to change anything. The officer thought she was breaking the law and sought to deal with the offender period. She wasn't cited so there is no reason to get your panties in a bunch. :roll:

Just an inconvenience. If I was on the phone and got a ticket, I wouldn't have been pissed, break the law, and you'll get a ticket (Just a matter of when).

People make mistakes I know, I've got pulled over and the officer said I was speeding, but I was doing the speed limit. Just 15 minutes of wasted time is all.

Burchae

Re: ticketed

Postby Burchae » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:36 am

Redbull(Ranger) wrote:So i got pulled over and ticketed today for talking on my phone. I know it was wrong. but the cop told me that if i had my phone on speaker instead of holding it against my head i would have not got a ticket. To me i feel way for distracted using the speaker on my phone. I feel it way more comfortable to had the phone car navigation systemagaints my ear. I'm not really complaining but using the speaker on my phone and holding it seems way harder to do while driving. I dont know what are your thoughts on this?

Today bluetooth speakers has made it possible to use phone while driving
Last edited by Burchae on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lud
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lud » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:23 am

The aftermarket stereo in my truck has a bluetooth microphone in it. When I get a call while driving my stereo turns down the volume automatically and switches to blue tooth and picks up and I hear someone's voice through my speakers. I have to talk kinda loud but it works pretty good.

I still need something for the Jeep though, right now I just wait till I get to where I'm going and call the person back.
2004 TJ Wrangler X (Rubiclone)
2.5" OME Lift, 1.25 in Body Lift, Flat Fender Flares
35x12.50x15 Maxxis Razor MTs
D30 ARB 4.56s Rear JKD44 w/ 8.8 disk brakes Ford 9" goodies, 4.56 and ARB.

commando14
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby commando14 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:13 pm

I got pulled over awhile back, cop said he pulled me over because I had a crack in my windshield and he said I was talking on the phone.. but I was not talking on my phone, it was in my pocket so not sure what he saw. I told him my phone is in my pocket and I wasn't talking on my phone... he didn't give me a ticket but he said make sure to get that windshield fixed and stop talking on my phone.

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:16 pm

"I'm starting to drive now....I gotta go."

That line works so well, I sometimes use it when I'm not in a vehicle! :D
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

Return to “General BS Area”