Juniper Dunes

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Juniper Dunes

Postby Grumpy » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:54 am

Well, with it's usual knack for logic, the BLM has scheduled a meeting concerning an area in one part of the state in another :!: Next Friday, the Eastern Washington Resource Advisory Council is meeting in Spokane from 9a.m. to 4p.m. Public comment begins at 3p.m. So, as usual, anyone affected has to travel to get heard. I just love how these "planners" do things. Details are at the bottom of page 1 of section B of today's paper. How does the group feel about getting together at some point in the next day or so to get some comment written? My fear is, as we all know, the ecotopians will hog the show. Let me know what ya'll think.
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:16 pm

We are well represented in this matter. We have a couple of guys in our region of the PNW4WDA that are directly involved with the process and have a running dialog with the peeps at the BLM field office. This meeting is more a status update than an opportunity to insite any type of a change. The Juniper area has been wrought with change for a long time, but it is mostly due to access issues and not the way that the area itself is being managed.

If you have any direct comments or questions, direct them to me or Jose and we can forward them, through proper channels, directly to the powers that be at the BLM. If you would like to compose a letter, make sure to copy us on it.

commando14
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby commando14 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:24 pm

I received this information a few days ago from Doug Conner:

The BLM would like us to sign in at one of the two sign in boxes at Juniper Dunes. Very few people are signing in and the BLM needs this information to see how many are using the area and where they are coming from. One person can do it for your entire group. They don’t want your home address just what town you are from.

Don

Postby Don » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:32 pm

Where are the sign in boxes? I'm up there almost every weekend and will definately sign in next time I'm there.

commando14
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby commando14 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:01 pm

Don wrote:Where are the sign in boxes? I'm up there almost every weekend and will definately sign in next time I'm there.

That's a good question...I don't remember seeing any last time we were out there. I just sent a email to Doug to see if he knows.

commando14
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby commando14 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:50 pm

Reply from Doug:

The first one is about 1/4 on the left after you turn off of Peterson Road to head out to the dunes. It is a grey metal box on a post about 3 feet high. The second one is on the side of the information sign in the upper parking area.

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:10 pm

Jose and I had a pretty good talk on this earlier today. My issue with some of this stuff has always been that the powers that be seem prone to schedule meetings either in another location away from the area involved, or do it during the day so anyone who may want to get in on the fun and frivolity has to take off work, etc! Been away from this sort of activity for a while, but some things just don't seem to change. I'm glad to hear that there's someone in the area staying up on all this. It is my opinion that in some regards the BLM has been remiss in keeping their mandate on management of public lands by letting one property owner hold the Juniper area hostage. Steve and Jose have done a pretty good job of rekindling my interest in off roading with this whole Scout project, and I'd hate to think I may have to turn it into a landscape project for lack of a place to use it!
Dave

Quote:

-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:41 am

Looks like it is time for somebody to put in their candidate papers. . . :D

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:02 am

Yeah, just need to remember to do it sometime when Supermex and I are in the same place at the same time :lol2 Any of my participation so far retroactive :wink:
Dave

Quote:

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:25 am

NOPE> > >guest = guest
candidate = candidate

:wink:

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:47 am

Okay :cry:
Dave

Quote:

Return to “General BS Area”