Winch

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

messge80

Winch

Postby messge80 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:37 pm

Well, since my winch broke up at Nasty Creek I have been searching the internet and comparing different winches. I know a lot of guys use Warn but I decided to try the Superwinch Talon 12.5i. Hopefully this one works good and I don't regret not getting the Warn...

Livin4Today

Re: Winch

Postby Livin4Today » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:43 pm

messge80 wrote:Well, since my winch broke up at Nasty Creek I have been searching the internet and comparing different winches. I know a lot of guys use Warn but I decided to try the Superwinch Talon 12.5i. Hopefully this one works good and I don't regret not getting the Warn...

I hope you found a good price like I did, i'm really happy with mine... Until it breaks someday in the DISTANT future like years I hope!
Lance

Building a capable off roader is easy, building a street legal one that you can wheel and then drive daily is the challenge...

2007 JKU, 7" RK lift, 40s, ARBs, 5.38s, Headers, Fox Coilovers, etc. http://www.Livin4Today.com

messge80

winch

Postby messge80 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:45 pm

well an ok price

toyman2

Postby toyman2 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:15 pm

Those other winchs will get out here and there, but when your winch is all you have and your miles in the middle of know where will you trust it to run for 12 hours of straight abuse.

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:20 pm

toyman2 wrote:Those other winchs will get out here and there, but when your winch is all you have and your miles in the middle of know where will you trust it to run for 12 hours of straight abuse.

Wow that was a good trip. My little girl, who was on the winch test with us that night.....turned 15 today.

toyman2

Postby toyman2 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:46 am

That was an epic trip

Livin4Today

Postby Livin4Today » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:47 am

I owe George and His Girlfriend an apology... :oops:

We had gone wheelin' with George one recent Sunday at Juniper and had a great time, then a couple of weeks ago a bunch of us went wheelin' behind A&B Asphalt and we met Brian whose lovely wife was at home expecting a little one...

Can you see where this is going? Me turning 50 this year and practicing my senility early (so I'll be really good at it) got George and Brian's stories mixed up and mistakenly assumed George's "wife" was expecting and thinking our recent Nasty Creek Run might have caused her water to break...:lecture

I even asked the poor girl how far along she was... I can only imagine that ride home.

So before God and everybody I apologize and ask George and his Girlfriend's forgiveness. Chaulk it up to an old turd gettin' rotten in his brain... :roll:
Lance

Building a capable off roader is easy, building a street legal one that you can wheel and then drive daily is the challenge...

2007 JKU, 7" RK lift, 40s, ARBs, 5.38s, Headers, Fox Coilovers, etc. http://www.Livin4Today.com

Return to “General BS Area”