Naches - FS 1913 Bridge Closure

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Naches - FS 1913 Bridge Closure

Postby Grumpy » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:19 am

The bridge on FS 1913 closest to the FS 1900 road is closed. The order closing it is not posted as of yet but nevertheless the bridge is closed. When the order is posted the Roads crew is expected to set concrete jersey barriers blocking the bridge from both sides. The reason for this closure is that the Naches River is washing out the approach on the side of the bridge closest to the FS 1900 road. A vehicle using this approach could cause the approach to collapse possibly resulting in injury to the vehicle occupants. It is currently not known when repairs can be expected.

This closure will interupt the 4w684 trail. Normally you could start the trail at the trail entry on the FS 1900 Road and via the "Rabbit Holes" and come out on the FS 1913 road. Then cross the bridge and re-enter the 4w684 trail to continue. That will not be possible. The trail will remain open and posted as to the interupt at the bridge.

To use the trail now you may chose to start at the entry on the FS 1913 road. Or you could also continue to one of the other road crossing along the trail. There is plenty of parking in the dispersed area at that entry. Please do not park on the road.

Merrick Graves
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Optiskate

Postby Optiskate » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:10 pm

Which bridge is this, I'll be up there friday. Not to 4 wheel, but I'm just curious. I just cant place which bridge that is off the top of my head.

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:06 am

Here is pic of the 1913 bridge I took last weekend. The main 1900 RD is directly behind the camera. Not even 1/4 mile. The Naches Pass trail 4w684 continues directly left of the camera. You can see across the bridge to the right where the "rabbit hole" portion of the trail exits.

2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

Return to “General BS Area”