Tragic Loss in the Peak Putter Extended Family

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:11 am

That's the way it should be!
You can follow me.... but it's gonna hurt ;)

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:37 am

iaccocca wrote:The last time I saw my brother he was helping me work on my Jeep in my driveway. The last conversation I had with him, he called to find out when the Liberty run is. Today is the viewing of him and his wife. I'm going there to be with my family, but I am not going to the viewing. Bill will always be the guy smiling and giving me $h!t while turning wrenches on my Jeep. Forever.

Excellent. And so it shall be. :D

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:38 am

Lurch wrote:That's the way it should be!

I agree with this 100%.
HE TOOK THE BYPASS?? YEAH ITS A JEEP THING.

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:23 am

Merrick Graves gave me a call today. He was on the rescue / recovery team. He was able to give some incite on what happened. (Way too much skinny pedal.) He took care of their camp and my brother's dog. He even took the dog home and then met back up with the crew that went to get Bill and Sherri's stuff. He went above and beyond as far as I'm concerned, and he only realized later their relationship to me.

Funeral date is still up in the air because of paperwork. :roll: I'm still hoping for Friday, 'cause I need to get on. We will see, and I'll keep you all posted. Thank you everyone for your support. I think you can understand my pain, what I don't think you might get is how much your support means to me. Thank you.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:00 pm

I'm in for fuel pump change.

PNW Secretary

Postby PNW Secretary » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:05 pm

Lee, we are so sorry to hear the sad news about your family. Please know that you all are in our thoughts and prayers. May the memories that mean the most to you live forever in your heart. Sande Nettnin, Region 4 Secretary

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:48 pm

At 5:00 today on KEPR they are doing a story on my sister-in-law, Sherri.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:07 pm

Fuel pump is here. Trashy, thank you for the offer of your driveway, but the thing is hicuping like mad. I think I can get it to Tim's (Jose's old place.) I hope you can make it over there to help or just make fun of the volunteers.
I think we are looking at about 5:30 PM on Wednesday. Anybody that wants to come and help; thank you. Anybody that wants to come and commiserate with me thank you.
This won't be the last time I say it, but thank you for your support. It is good to be a Peak Putter.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

White trash

Postby White trash » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:49 pm

No worries Lee my driveway is always available. I'll see what the 'ol lady has planned for tomorrow and we may see you there.

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:59 pm

I just talked to Lee, and the service WILL be Friday at 11:00AM at the Catholic Church by the flash cube. He is with family right now, and will add more detail later tonight.

Would all of you that can, please come with your wheelin' rigs!! There'll be a spot for them. Bring 'em even if they're on the trailer. Gotta show the colors for our brother...
Last edited by Grumpy on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:35 pm

I already planned on driving mine. The trick is getting there and back without going to jail.
Last edited by Lurch on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:00 pm

Count O and I IN.

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:41 pm

We will be there in a wheeling rig just not the new one a rental Haha. My dads. New one.

Jafo

Postby Jafo » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:44 pm

I will be there also for a few, Have a union meeting also that I have to attend. I have some other parts for the jeep. 8)
2018 JLU-R work in progress.

WRWP360

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:35 pm

The funeral mass is Friday at 11:00 AM at the Parish of the Holy Spirit 7409 W Clearwater Ave Kennewick. As Grumpy indicated, there will be special parking for the wheeling rigs if others can make it. Just line up behind mine, you'll figure it out. Bill and Sherri would appreciate the show of support and I will be forever in your debt. There is a wake Thursday night, and I will get info up on that, but don't worry about that, if I have Putters at the funeral you will lift me up.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

tobyw

Postby tobyw » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:51 am

Lee - we aren't getting back into town until late afternoon Friday, so we are going to miss this by a few hours. Please know we, and my many wheeling rigs ( :oops: ), are all there in spirit.
Yep, I've wheeled one of those, too...

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:08 am

tobyw wrote:Lee - we aren't getting back into town until late afternoon Friday, so we are going to miss this by a few hours. Please know we, and my many wheeling rigs ( :oops: ), are all there in spirit.

In spirit is appreciated too. There will be a run at some point. I hope you can make that.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:46 am

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tricityherald/obituary.aspx?n=william-arthur-retterer&pid=165280882#fbLoggedOut

WILLIAM ARTHUR RETTERER Jr.
Obituary

Columbia Memorial Chapel and Gardens

William Arthur Retterer Jr, 44, passed away unexpectedly due to a car accident with his wife on June 8, 2013 in Naches, Wash.

He was born in Blackfoot, ID, on February 18, 1969, to William and Elizabeth Retterer.

William married Sherri Nicole Clark on August 28, 2010.

He worked as a Stationary Operating Enginneer at Hanford.

William enjoyed being in nature, camping, kayaking, hunting, fishing, picking huckleberries, and wheelin' with the peak putters. William also loved reading and spending time with family and friends.

He is survived by: Parents William and Elizabeth Retterer; daughters Shelby and Brianna Wallis; one son, Bret Retterer; grandchildren, Chloe and Kasyn; brother, Lee Retterer; sisters, Amy Rice and Gretchen Bernard; and many nieces and nephews.

He was preceded in death by son DJ Retterer.

Rosary will be held at Columbia Memorial Chapel in Pasco on Thursday, June 13, 2013, at 6:00 p.m. with visitation to follow.

Funeral Mass will be held at Parish of the Holy Spirit in Kennewick at 11:00 a.m. on Friday June 14, 2013.

Private burial at a later date in Milton-Freewater Cemetery.

There is an open account for both Bill and Sherri Retterer at Community First Bank under Bill and Sherri Retterer Memorial Funds.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:40 pm

If I drive myself home tonight my family is going to disown me (as per my mother.) Can somebody that can row a six speed and that loves beer less than me plan on taking me home toniight? I don't want to be disowned right now.

Thanks,

Lee
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:44 pm

I'm sure we can figure something out.

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:47 pm

iaccocca wrote:If I drive myself home tonight my family is going to disown me (as per my mother.) Can somebody that can row a six speed and that loves beer less than me plan on taking me home toniight? I don't want to be disowned right now.

Thanks,

Lee

I will be happy to do it for you. And I have drove your jeep once before.
Last edited by Chrispy on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mattawajeep

Postby mattawajeep » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:47 pm

I'll be around and sober. You double clutch a jeep right?

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:55 pm

Thanks guys. I have no intention of drinking too much, but my mom and sister were upset after I drove home last night after a couple glasses of wine. So one way or another you guys will help me keep my promise to them. Thanks, again.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:02 pm

So Jafo made up some stickers. If you would like one get a hold of me. I'll bring them to the service on Friday. We would really like to see them on everyone's wheelers at the service.

commando14
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby commando14 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:53 pm

I'll be attending as well

Return to “General BS Area”