Tragic Loss in the Peak Putter Extended Family

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:36 am

Lurch wrote:So Jafo made up some stickers. If you would like one get a hold of me. I'll bring them to the service on Friday. We would really like to see them on everyone's wheelers at the service.

I've got people, and my people rock! Thank you Kevin, this is awesome. Thank you to all my people that were taking care of me last night, be it the stickers, working on my Jeep, letting me hold court, getting me home, everything. I will never forget these kindnesses.

Thank you for everything! My Putters and my friends through the Putters are really there for me!
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:24 am

Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:42 pm

It would be impossible for me to overstate how much you guys and gals have meant to me this week. And my whole family appreciates it too. Thank you!
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:00 pm

I hate to disagree with you here Lee..... but we are all family here.

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:25 pm

OldGreen wrote:I hate to disagree with you here Lee..... but we are all family here.

Proved it...
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:38 pm

I think I counted 14 wheelers.

You can follow me.... but it's gonna hurt ;)

Laquandt

Postby Laquandt » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:33 pm

I showed up just before 11 but had to leave just before 12 for work, what I saw it was a nice service. I was parked two behind the yellow Toy with one more behind me, count up to 17'ish
First time jeep owner, and now I'm hooked for life!

Livin4Today

Postby Livin4Today » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:10 am

In the fire and police services we have a tradition of wearing a black band over our badges to honor a fallen brother or sister. So in honor of Bill & Sherri...

Lance

Building a capable off roader is easy, building a street legal one that you can wheel and then drive daily is the challenge...

2007 JKU, 7" RK lift, 40s, ARBs, 5.38s, Headers, Fox Coilovers, etc. http://www.Livin4Today.com

Wrench
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Wrench » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:54 am

What a tragic loss! I dont even know what to say in these situations, it makes my heart so heavy.

My condolences to you and your family, Lee.
Paul
'84 XJ, '19JL

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:49 pm

Dealing with WSP and Merrick Graves today to get more info. All these dealings have been good and they are very helpful and kind. I visited the truck at PAW today. PAW (Spencer especially) has been very helpful. I took pictures today of the truck and will gladly post them up if there is interest and no objections. (No gore, but the violence of the accident is obvious.) Maybe a cautionary tale, I don't know.
I think I will meet with Merrick this weekend at the scene of the accident and at the scene of the recovery this weekend. We will see.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:44 pm

I honestly believe that if the photos help one person make a different choice that it is worthwhile. Sometimes that is what it takes.

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:54 pm

OldGreen wrote:I honestly believe that if the photos help one person make a different choice that it is worthwhile. Sometimes that is what it takes.

Jim, I agree, but I have already got an objection from a good friend on here. So, I will post a link so those that want to see can choose, but not have them sneak up on them. Soon.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

teddyearp

Postby teddyearp » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:40 am

Lee, my name is Ted. I only signed up here to say that I am truly sorry for your loss and may God help you through this time of sorrow.

I heard about all this at the easternwashingtonadventures.com site in a post about me visiting the Little Naches area. I happened to be camping Saturday night at Cow Creek campground when at about 4:00AM WSP came in to check a trailer further down. Then around 8:00 a fellow EWA member (can't remember his user) who is the OHV Education officer came in and asked me if I knew anything. Later S&R were at the camp. As I left to go home, I passed all the activity on FR19. So in essence I was 'there'.

Again, sorry for your loss.

Ted

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:06 pm

teddyearp wrote:Lee, my name is Ted. I only signed up here to say that I am truly sorry for your loss and may God help you through this time of sorrow.

I heard about all this at the easternwashingtonadventures.com site in a post about me visiting the Little Naches area. I happened to be camping Saturday night at Cow Creek campground when at about 4:00AM WSP came in to check a trailer further down. Then around 8:00 a fellow EWA member (can't remember his user) who is the OHV Education officer came in and asked me if I knew anything. Later S&R were at the camp. As I left to go home, I passed all the activity on FR19. So in essence I was 'there'.

Again, sorry for your loss.

Ted

Thank you Ted.

Do you have a link to the post? I would appreciate it.

TNX
Lee
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

bobracing

Postby bobracing » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:16 pm

James
'92 YJ with a little something of everything.

teddyearp

Postby teddyearp » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:19 pm

bobracing wrote:Believe this is the thread:

http://easternwashingtonadventures.com/ ... ta-get-out

Yes, that's the one.

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:34 pm

I don't think it has been posted, but the first 8 Peak Putters Members (a quorum) that showed up to the memorial service conducted a special meeting.

VP Tim Booth called the meeting to order.

On behalf of Roy Kauer, a motion was made and seconded. The question was called and the vote was unanimous.

Bill and Sherri are now Permanent Memorial Members of the Peak Putters. The official club logo was presented to Bill's brother and sun for immediate display on Bill's XJ.

Our families are always part of the family. . .but we went ahead and made it official. Bill and Sherri would have, no doubt, soon been voted in regardless.

Madam Secretary, since you hadn't arrived yet, I took the liberty of recording the above minutes for the emergency special meeting on 6/14/2013 at exactly 10:45 AM on "Wheeler's Row" just outside of the parking lot of the Holy Spirit Church in Kennewick, WA. Would you please record them for reading at the next meeting so that we can make them official?

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:19 pm

OldGreen wrote: "Wheeler's Row"

"Wheeler's Row" gave me happiness on a sad day.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:50 pm

iaccocca wrote:
OldGreen wrote: "Wheeler's Row"

"Wheeler's Row" gave me happiness on a sad day.

Poppy would say ,"You are holding your mouth right." 8)

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:15 am

N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:21 am

Who's Ink Lee?

Nice memorial. . . :(

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:33 am

Its Bill's last tattoo. No ink for me. I'm trying to find the pic of his with his Jeep.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

79chevy39.5's

Postby 79chevy39.5's » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:17 am

my wife actually knows bills son...small world

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:03 am

I guess Bill really loved that Jeep. I always thought the tattoo would outlast the Jeep. :roll:
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:21 am

Today is Sherri's Birthday. Bill sent flowers (he may have used my credit card.) :-)
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Return to “General BS Area”