Burbank or Benton city

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Burbank or Benton city

Postby scumby » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:10 am

So I've found some houses in each area. Anybody live in either? Pros and cons of both?

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:47 am

I like burbank more. It's closer to where I work and seems like a nicer area. But I've never lived in either.
You can follow me.... but it's gonna hurt ;)

79chevy39.5's

Postby 79chevy39.5's » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:44 pm

id rather live in benton city but outside of burbank has its perks to me (wife refuses to live there or finely tho)

i think resale in benton city would be better as it seems to be growing in popularity

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:21 pm

I bought 5 acres with a double wide manufactured home, huge 4 bay shop, and a view in BC.
I only paid 89K for the whole deal back in 1998. Up on the hill just past the North end of Whan Rd. It was nice and quiet. Never had any problems.
I didn't even mind the drive to town, but gas was alot cheaper back then.
I sold after the big Hanford fire wiped out my shop. I loved that shop. :cry:
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:52 pm

Aren't there fewer murders in Burbank?

White trash

Postby White trash » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:18 pm

Burbank is where we'll be looking to buy in the next year or so.

Jafo

Postby Jafo » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:32 pm

White trash wrote:Burbank is where we'll be looking to buy in the next year or so.

There goes the neighbothood....lol :lol:
2018 JLU-R work in progress.

WRWP360

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:28 pm

Threre is so many ares called Benton city so it just depends what part it is I like them all and I live in so called Benton city
HE TOOK THE BYPASS?? YEAH ITS A JEEP THING.

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:42 pm

Chrispy wrote:Threre is so many ares called Benton city so it just depends what part it is I like them all and I live in so called Benton city

Your considered Benton City? Seems more like West-West Richland!
Nice spread, and I like that area. Waaaay closer than the BC I lived in.
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:51 pm

I forgot. Burbank is in Walla Walla Co. For the 4th of July, you can buy stuff that shoots in the air and blows up! :lol:
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

White trash

Postby White trash » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:01 pm

Jafo wrote:
White trash wrote:Burbank is where we'll be looking to buy in the next year or so.

There goes the neighbothood....lol :lol:

We're in west Pasco currently in suburbia hell. Pretty sure we're the poorest people in the 'hood that aren't up to our necks in debt. :lol:

Danny
Peak Putters Associate
Peak Putters Associate

Postby Danny » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:56 am

Dave, we used to live near Chris, up on the hill a little higher and to the left of them. The reason it's considered BC is because it's outside the WR city limits and in the county, therefore Benton City. It is part of the Richland school district though. Loved it out there!!

My vote for Al would be BC as well, but pick your area of BC carefully. Al, can you be more specific?
Forget your age and live your life!

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:59 am

I'll have to find the listing again. Horse property with 5 acres. Anyone have any experience with manufactured homes?

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:53 pm

i think we found a nice place in Burbank, kinda small but i hink i can squeeze the Jeep in.

http://kpr.craigslist.org/reo/4246142209.html

Don

Postby Don » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:25 pm

This place is a couple doors down from me: http://www.distinctiveprop.com/mls/194081r

Price seems a little high for a house that's been abandoned for 1.5 years. But, I love the living out here.

Don

Postby Don » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:28 pm

scumby wrote:I'll have to find the listing again. Horse property with 5 acres. Anyone have any experience with manufactured homes?

Mines a 2005 manufactured and most people wouldn't know it. I built houses for a living, and I have no issues with owning a manufactured.

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:23 am

I partially dissagree. My last house was a manufactured home. Loved the layout, was built well enough other then some of the materials were cheaper. The problem came when I tried to sell it. They don't hold their value like a stick built house. It took for ever to sell it. They are also much harder to finance then a stick built house. Unless you plan to stay in it forever I would never recomend one.
You can follow me.... but it's gonna hurt ;)

Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

Postby Roman » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:11 am

Lurch wrote:I partially dissagree. My last house was a manufactured home. Loved the layout, was built well enough other then some of the materials were cheaper. The problem came when I tried to sell it. They don't hold their value like a stick built house. It took for ever to sell it. They are also much harder to finance then a stick built house. Unless you plan to stay in it forever I would never recomend one.

This right here is the real issue with mobile homes...

Doesn't matter how well one is built, or what materials were used, or even if you gut the whole thing and rebuild it with marble and gold! The banks have doomed these homes through rules. Right or wrong, Lurch is right on. If your not planning to die in it, pass on it!

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:37 am

Don, you are living in that one or selling it? From what the owners say the wife is still living there and hubby comes home from idaho on weekends, my inlaws stopped out last weekend and the attack punt dogs were in the property as well.

Don wrote:This place is a couple doors down from me: http://www.distinctiveprop.com/mls/194081r

Price seems a little high for a house that's been abandoned for 1.5 years. But, I love the living out here.

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:38 am

Don, you are living in that one or selling it? From what the owners say the wife is still living there and hubby comes home from idaho on weekends, my inlaws stopped out last weekend and the attack punt dogs were in the property as well.

Don wrote:This place is a couple doors down from me: http://www.distinctiveprop.com/mls/194081r

Yrjan
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Yrjan » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:54 pm

That house is awesome! Iulia and I are going to go look at it on Sunday

Don

Postby Don » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:44 pm

scumby wrote:Don, you are living in that one or selling it? From what the owners say the wife is still living there and hubby comes home from idaho on weekends, my inlaws stopped out last weekend and the attack punt dogs were in the property as well.

That house is just down the road from me. It was for sale when I bought mine, then empty since last spring. I was surprised to see it on the market. Zillow shows it as a foreclosure. That house has been abandoned for sure. The driveway was all grown over this summer. http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Be ... 7_zm/1_fr/ It is a manufactured home, btw.

About getting loans on a manufactured, I didn't see it as being a big issue. Really the only thing different was requiring a 25 year fixed as opposed to a 30. The financing process was smooth. This is my 3rd home purchase, and I has fewer issues than other loans.

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:18 pm

Yrjan wrote:

That house is awesome! Iulia and I are going to go look at it on Sunday

WOW, that would be D! CK move, but don't waste your time we already have an accepted offer.
Last edited by scumby on Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:20 pm

Don wrote:
scumby wrote:Don, you are living in that one or selling it? From what the owners say the wife is still living there and hubby comes home from idaho on weekends, my inlaws stopped out last weekend and the attack punt dogs were in the property as well.

That house is just down the road from me. It was for sale when I bought mine, then empty since last spring. I was surprised to see it on the market. Zillow shows it as a foreclosure. That house has been abandoned for sure. The driveway was all grown over this summer. http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Be ... 7_zm/1_fr/ It is a manufactured home, btw.

About getting loans on a manufactured, I didn't see it as being a big issue. Really the only thing different was requiring a 25 year fixed as opposed to a 30. The financing process was smooth. This is my 3rd home purchase, and I has fewer issues than other loans.

don, i'm still confused the one you sent a link to has a different address?

Don

Postby Don » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:08 pm

scumby wrote:
Don wrote:

don, i'm still confused the one you sent a link to has a different address?

My computer could be re-directing that link wrong. The address i'm talking about is 12703 W 344 PR NW Benton City. Did you make on offer on it?

Return to “General BS Area”