Anybody have any sears coupons or discounts?

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

JambaJeep

Anybody have any sears coupons or discounts?

Postby JambaJeep » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:36 pm

Gearing up for Camp Shamp, buying 2 AGM batteries before Thursday. If you know any great deals for group 34 AGM batteries or have sears coupons that you'd let me use please let me know. Thanks guys

mattawajeep

Postby mattawajeep » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:00 pm

The diehard platinum group 34 was 179 a week ago if you ordered online. Dunno what it is now.

JambaJeep

Postby JambaJeep » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:27 pm

mattawajeep wrote:The diehard platinum group 34 was 179 a week ago if you ordered online. Dunno what it is now.

The Die Hard gold group 34 AGM is $156.99 the platinum was $179.99. Im running dual batteries so I havering buy 2. So any discount is gonna be great.

Thank you mattawajeep for the info though. Roman also thank you for suggesting the group 39. $6 more for 150 extra CCA at only 1" longer, ill buy that for a dollar.

mattawajeep

Postby mattawajeep » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:57 pm

Do you really need 2 AGM batteries? I don't remember how you were wiring things up, but if it were me I'd use the AGM battery as the primary starting and winching battery and use a standard lead plate battery as the backup.

JambaJeep

Postby JambaJeep » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:32 pm

I am running the winch isolated to one battery that will also be routed through a dual battery selector and diode isolated charger unit.

My plan is to be able to primarily run the winch on one battery and on really tough pulls I can use both batteries. Additionally my starting battery will be running an accessory fuse panel to run a light bar, CB, stereo, and a few other items.

The second battery isnt installed yet but I have the extra money to buy both at the same time. Just trying to save a few bucks.

here is my dual battery wiring:

Toolegit86

Postby Toolegit86 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:29 pm

can wait till friends and family night. 10% off or i can have my friend but them for ya she works there
Camaro turbo lsx th400
06 Cummins "racetruck"
tj 1ton 40's 5.3 build

509 Crawlers on the facebook

JambaJeep

Postby JambaJeep » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:26 pm

Toolegit86 wrote:can wait till friends and family night. 10% off or i can have my friend but them for ya she works there

I get a 10-20% discount because I am military, totally forgot about that one. That will save me $50 almost. If not though the friends and family thing sounds great.

Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

Postby Roman » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:53 am

JambaJeep wrote:Roman also thank you for suggesting the group 39. $6 more for 150 extra CCA at only 1" longer, ill buy that for a dollar.

Group 65.... double check the dimensions, its gonna be tight!

Wrench
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Wrench » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:54 am

You really only need one good battery and an alternator that has good output.

If this is primarily to help in long winch pulls, you would be better off rigging a throttle lock cable that you can use to bump the idle up so your alternator keeps up with the amp draw, or add one of those solenoids that is used to bump the rpm when the AC is on. DRAMATICALLY lighter and less complicated than a dual battery setup.

The only time an extra battery/capacity will come into play is when the alternator cannot keep up with the amp draw, or if the engine is off. Personally, I would NEVER use my winch without the engine running. The higher voltage from the alternator helps the winch work much more efficiently.
Paul
'84 XJ, '19JL

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:20 am

Wrench wrote:You really only need one good battery and an alternator that has good output.

If this is primarily to help in long winch pulls, you would be better off rigging a throttle lock cable that you can use to bump the idle up so your alternator keeps up with the amp draw, or add one of those solenoids that is used to bump the rpm when the AC is on. DRAMATICALLY lighter and less complicated than a dual battery setup.

The only time an extra battery/capacity will come into play is when the alternator cannot keep up with the amp draw, or if the engine is off. Personally, I would NEVER use my winch without the engine running. The higher voltage from the alternator helps the winch work much more efficiently.

Not only that, but if your winch pulls are so long and hard that a good single battery gets completely drained even with high idle, then you are cooking your winch.

The upside to duals is for capacity when you are in camp. Blender, Waffle Maker, DC camp lights, Disco Ball, etc.

JambaJeep

Postby JambaJeep » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:48 pm

OldGreen wrote:
Wrench wrote:You really only need one good battery and an alternator that has good output.

Not only that, but if your winch pulls are so long and hard that a good single battery gets completely drained even with high idle, then you are cooking your winch.

The upside to duals is for capacity when you are in camp. Blender, Waffle Maker, DC camp lights, Disco Ball, etc.

First off the 22r is only temporary so upgrading the alternator in this situation would be a waste of money. Also I plan on having the capability of running a compressor and tools if need be. I have been know to have a great sound system in my rigs, I usually get tasked with musical entertainment for the evening.

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:29 pm

JambaJeep wrote:First off the 22r is only temporary so upgrading the alternator in this situation would be a waste of money. Also I plan on having the capability of running a compressor and tools if need be. I have been know to have a great sound system in my rigs, I usually get tasked with musical entertainment for the evening.

The stereo. . .with the motor off. That can be a good reason. (Just keep it down a little in the woods. . k?) I wouldn't recommend an electric compressor that is big enough to run tools. Cost benefit there is certainly with an engine driven compressor.

Return to “General BS Area”