Need a repair ship for my LJ

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

Wadester

Need a repair ship for my LJ

Postby Wadester » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:06 am

Hello everyone,

I posted this last night for some reason in for sale. I didn't realize it until this morning so here it is.
I'm looking for recommendations on a place to get my Jeep fixed around here. I got in an accident on the bypass about a week ago. Luckily it was not my fault so eventually when insurance gets figured out I will be in need of a shop to repair the damage. The sheet metal damage is not bad (as you can see from the pictures) unfortunately it mainly drivetrain. From what I can tell the lower control arm is garbage along with the mount on the axle. The transfer case is probably trash because it was leaking really bad and then all the little crap that goes with that. Maybe some steering, who knows. It is not drives me and for some reason my insurance needed to tow it to Spokane to access the damage. So I'm not really in need of a body shop because I really can do that myself if I decide to. I do not however have a place or any of my tools here to do it so doing the rest myself is not gonna happen. I really appreciate any input! Thanks!

[img][img]http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah212/wadejphillips/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-11/FCD9694D-2415-41D3-B2D4-31A36217EDD6_zpssmaejjoy.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah212/wadejphillips/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-11/9E8A6303-750F-4BEE-97A8-410F1D90EE7A_zpsbxeydbjg.jpg[/img][/img]

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:05 am

Hi. Glad you were not hurt in the accident. From the pictures, it does not look too bad.
Do you think the frame could be bent? I ask because aside from a bent frame, everything else is a fairly easy fix.

I have only dealt with Atomic auto body in Richland when my pickup was damaged years ago. They did a good job.

Club member Bryan (Bryansfab) owns a small side business working on Jeeps and things. He has worked on many of our rigs. He could fix that lower mount in no time, and I think I still have some stock lower control arms and all my stock steering stuff on a shelf in my garage.

You fender is exactly what mine looked like after my first trip through the Little Rattlesnake Trail. Lol
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

mattawajeep

Postby mattawajeep » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:10 am

I'll second what Dave said, on off-road guy like Bryan would probably be your best bet if all the insurance stuff works out. He'll make sure everything is welded up right or better.

My family has used Cronk Automotive over by Fred Meyer in Richland in the past with good results. They're good people.

Wadester

Postby Wadester » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:09 pm

I was lucky to walk away a little sore and I have heard good things about Bryan and gotten many recommendations. The frame doesn't seem to be bent I have quite a few pictures of the jeep because I've been down this road before in New Mexico and actually had a lot of parts stolen from another jeep that was wrecked. I guess the guys at COPART didn't think I would want the jeep back and when I got it back a lot of little things along with the spare and some higher price items were gone. Anyways here is a few pictures from under the jeep...

The frame didn't look bent but I mean that's from me comparing both sides. The drivers tire took most of the brunt along with the front bumper (which interestingly enough I put on literally 3 hours before the accident. From what the tow guys told me ( P&K tri-city towing) it should be pretty easy to fix but will need a new transfer case because that one is cracked. I did some searching because I guess they are a truck and jeep specialities shop and they seemed really eager to fix it but I could not really find any reviews or anyone who has used them.

Thanks again for all the help and input! :D

Rottwheeler

Postby Rottwheeler » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:29 pm

A shop I've had good luck with is Casaday-Beeline in Pasco. They can certainly correct any frame issues if any, as well as rebuild/repair the front end and other mechanical issues. Dustin is the guy to talk to there and they've been very honest and done good work for me and a few buddies.
Rottwheeler
White 13' JKU Rubicon, 3.5" Rubicon Express Super Flex suspension, 3:73s, 35" Nittos on American Racing ATX black faux bead locks... for now.

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:48 pm

Casaday-beeline is where I take all my stuff too. they are getting tired of lifting 150 lb tires onto their balancing machine though.

anyway what year is the jeep. I've seen others have their entire axle replaced because of the same damage. t-case will be a grand for parts. with what the insurance company is going to give you for a front axle buy something aftermarket, i.e D-44. with the t-case money you could probably get a rubi-case. if it's old enough maybe they'll total it?
Lightly Lifted and Locked LJ

I'm Scumby Dammit, take it or leave it!

Wadester

Postby Wadester » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:10 pm

It's a 2006 so I doubt they will total it but you never know. I mean ideally I would love to get a 3.5 inch lift and some better axles and a better t case but I don't exactly know how this insuranxe works and I'm still dealing with insurance from my other jeep which was totaled over a year ago. I mean if all my ducks were in a row I would just take the money and fix or myself but that is not really an option right now. If I was not in between jobs and had a little extra I would strongly consider taking this project to the next step but I will definitely have to check into Casaday-Beeline.

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Wadester wrote:It's a 2006 so I doubt they will total it but you never know. I mean ideally I would love to get a 3.5 inch lift and some better axles and a better t case but I don't exactly know how this insuranxe works and I'm still dealing with insurance from my other jeep which was totaled over a year ago. I mean if all my ducks were in a row I would just take the money and fix or myself but that is not really an option right now. If I was not in between jobs and had a little extra I would strongly consider taking this project to the next step but I will definitely have to check into Casaday-Beeline.

a year and waiting for an insurance claim! when my jeep was stolen it took about a month to settle.

let us know what the insurance will give you then we can give you a better idea. meanwhile start searching ebay and CL for t-cases and axles. are you going to go back to stock heigh? as TJDave said he has some stock parts to lessen the pain and we can help wrench, at least on weekends for me.

mattawajeep

Postby mattawajeep » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:25 pm

I have a 2001 TJ t-case sitting in the barn w/ around 85k miles on it, should bolt right up. $125 if you want it.

Dunno how the insurance thing works, but they should be able to bolt it on for you. 1 bolt for linkage, 6 nuts holding it to the transmission.

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:27 pm

mattawajeep wrote:I have a 2001 TJ t-case sitting in the barn w/ around 85k miles on it, should bolt right up. $125 if you want it.

Dunno how the insurance thing works, but they should be able to bolt it on for you. 1 bolt for linkage, 6 nuts holding it to the transmission.

should be the same and a good deal but I'd wait for insurance peeps.
Last edited by scumby on Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

mattawajeep

Postby mattawajeep » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:30 pm

scumby wrote:should be the sane and a good deal but I'd wait for insurance peeps.

Yeah, get that all squared away first. If they can come up with a way to not pay you they will.

79chevy39.5's

Postby 79chevy39.5's » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:39 pm

I too do repair work have done a few thinks for others on the site

Wadester

Postby Wadester » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:50 am

Thanks everyone! I have yet to hear from the insurance so it's just the waiting game for now.

Jafo

Postby Jafo » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:46 pm

Since its wrecked, I will give you a grand for it. Lol
2018 JLU-R work in progress.

WRWP360

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:18 pm

Jafo wrote:Since its wrecked, I will give you a grand for it. Lol

$1500

Wadester

Postby Wadester » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:39 pm

lol it would make a good crawler project, I don't know about $1500 though...

Jafo

Postby Jafo » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:04 pm

1900, and that's scumby's final offer. :lol:

WRWP360

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:41 pm

Jafo wrote:1900, and that's scumby's final offer. :lol:

actually, I think he'd go $2k as is where is sight unseen

Wadester

Postby Wadester » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:58 pm

Well if they total it Jafo I will be looking for another LJ... Know of any? Lol

Jafo

Postby Jafo » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:32 pm

Did you take it to a body shop yet to get a estimate? Kinda curious where they would be at for repairs, infact I would take it to a couple different ones of your choice, and NEVER settle for the insurance companies first offer.

WRWP360

Rottwheeler

Postby Rottwheeler » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:06 pm

Jack's Superior Auto Body has done good work for me...in Kennewick.
Rottwheeler
White 13' JKU Rubicon, 3.5" Rubicon Express Super Flex suspension, 3:73s, 35" Nittos on American Racing ATX black faux bead locks... for now.

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:44 am

Jafo wrote:NEVER settle for the insurance companies first offer.

the first offer for my YJ when it was stolen was $11,000. I took it.

79chevy39.5's

Postby 79chevy39.5's » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:23 pm

Wadester

Postby Wadester » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:44 pm

So apparently there is at least $2600 worth of damage to the Jeep. It is getting fixed in spokane and I would like to thank everyone of you for your input. Unfortunately when it was towed, there were some items which were missing when it arrived at IAA in Spokane or they were taken when it was in IAA's yard . I would like to remind everyone to keep all the reciepts for your aftermarket parts and make sure if you can take pictures at the accident and when you go to clean it out. This is the second time this has happened to me and it seems like places, at leasts from my experience, really like small things like aftermarket amps, speakers, and LED lights. Luckily this Jeep only got the lights taken and I'm still working on getting compensation for them. My last jeep got a tire and wheel stolen so even keep receipts for those items as well. Thanks again guys!

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:02 pm

this is exactly the reason I don't put money into expensive stereo equipment in anything I own, other people want it more than I do. one of many reasons I don't add lights as well.

Return to “General BS Area”