Got some extra cash laying around for an 06 Rubi?

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Got some extra cash laying around for an 06 Rubi?

Postby TJDave » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:14 pm

Just went by tri-chitty motor sales to pick up a build sheet on my TJ and noticed a red '06 Rubi they had for sale, so I checked it out: manual, 7000 mls, 4" lift, JKS 1.25"BL & MML, Warn front & rear bumpers w/swing out tire rack and 2 jerry cans, AEM polished cold air intake, banks exhaust, JKS quicker discos, HD adjustable track bar, hard top, etc. etc. This thing is ready to go except for it's still on stock wheels & tires. Looks a little funny. I'm sure they want a buttload for it. Wish I could, but I think it will be fun building mine up. But for anyone else that wants a pre built Rubi, there ya go! :shock:

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:29 pm

Must of had different wheels and bigger tires on it and they swapped the stockers back on to sell (or trade.) With that lift, you could fit alot more than stock rubber under it.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:19 pm

iaccocca wrote:Must of had different wheels and bigger tires on it and they swapped the stockers back on to sell (or trade.) With that lift, you could fit alot more than stock rubber under it.

I think U R right--there was alot of open air inbetween the tires and the flares!! He must of got rid of his other stock stuff cause he could of swapped it out and posted the goodies on this site so I could buy them!! might of got more on the trade too

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:27 pm

Stopped buy there ealier. There asking $24,900. To rich for my blood. Just don't think I could make payments on a trail rig.

White trash

Postby White trash » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:18 am

:shock: I could buy a nice tow rig and trailer and even with the money I have in my truck come out ahead of 25k.... Thats nuts..

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:02 am

25K? holy snot--that's not extra cash lying around, that's all of it, and then some. Makes me not feel so bad for what I paid for mine. It's not a Rubi and now I'm ok wit dat.

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:05 am

Guessing at a couple things, I ran KBB on it and came up with just over 25K. They don't allow for extra aftermarket toys, tho. Pile o'money, eh?
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Lud
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lud » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:15 am

I'd say if you want a Rubicon, go after an '03 or '04 model. I bet with some looking you can find one in the $16,000 to $17,000 range.

I don't think it has 4" of lift though. I looked at it as well and its got the same kit including 3" springs, OME shocks, adjustable track bars, 1" motor mount lift, and 1.25 inch body lift that I have. I'll bet the kit was the "Ultimate Trailgunner Kit"purchased from DPGoffroad.com.

It looks bigger because he's got the stock 31" size tires and rims. The kit is made for 33" tires on a 15x8 rim which is what I have. People have claimed putting 35's on with 1 inch coil spacers front and rear with the springs.

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:23 am

Lud wrote:I'd say if you want a Rubicon, go after an '03 or '04 model. I bet with some looking you can find one in the $16,000 to $17,000 range.

I don't think it has 4" of lift though. I looked at it as well and its got the same kit including 3" springs, OME shocks, adjustable track bars, 1" motor mount lift, and 1.25 inch body lift that I have. I'll bet the kit was the "Ultimate Trailgunner Kit"purchased from DPGoffroad.com.

It looks bigger because he's got the stock 31" size tires and rims. The kit is made for 33" tires on a 15x8 rim which is what I have. People have claimed putting 35's on with 1 inch coil spacers front and rear with the springs.

Lud, how do you like that lift package. That is what I am planning on doing. I got a tummy tuck skid plate and so I need to do the MML and the BL to put that on, then when it is time for tires I was going to do the OME springs, etc.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Lud
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lud » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:30 am

I'm really impressed with it. Gives me a lower COG and its a nice sleeper Jeep with the ARB in the rear and a Front ARB going in soon. I don't rub at all with 33's on 15x8 rims with 3.5 in backspacing on my '04 Wrangler X. The ride is comforable on the road as I drive it every day. I did not get the super ultimate kit with the control arms because I don't think I need them but just found out I will when I get an SYE and tummy tuck plate.

You can also go with the 4" OME springs as well because you have a longer rear driveshaft and no slip yoke on your x-fer case like I do.

Go to DPGoffroad and give Dirk a call. Just tell him what weight (winch, ect) you got on your Jeep and the model and they actually can give you different spring rates depending on that. That's what I liked about getting this kit.

The only problem is that you're Jeep will look more like mine. :lol: I have the same color Jeep as you do but it's not the unlimited.

I want to get a tummy tuck skid plate as well and add a SYE as I don't have a rubicon model. Where did you get the tummy tuck skid and how much did it cost you?

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:31 am

Bad news on my tummy tuck Lud. I got one of the last ones Jeep Medic made before closing their doors. Cost about $400. Leaning up against the wall in my shop waiting for the body lift. This fall wifey and I had just had the 'time to tighten our financial belts' talk when they announced they were taking final orders at Medic. I said, ok, but just one more thing for the Jeep. :lol: I thought it was the best one, and I do not know what to recommend after medic. Same color, eh? Post some pics.
Thanks for answering my lift question. I'll probably be talking to Dirk sooner than later. I always hear good things about him.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Lud
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lud » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:01 pm

I know about the Medic skids. I tried to get one but was too late. I might look into Nth Degree or Skid Row, not sure.

Here's a few pics...

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:57 pm

Lud,^^very nice. My next 04X mod will be the JKS 1.25BL/MML, as I do not want any rubbage of the tires this spring. How hard was that to install? I have to do that before I get discos or an antirock swaybar, and I can get 33's when the oddball 32's wear out. Thanx for any suggestions you might have, Dave (one of many it seems!)

Lud
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lud » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:06 pm

The kit I mentioned came with the JKS 1.25 in body lift and 1" motor mount lift spacers. If you're gonna lift the body 1 inch might as well get an extra 1/4 of a inch as its no more noticeable than the 1 inch.

For the motor mount all you do is take out the bolts at the stock motor mounts, use a floor jack and wood to lift the engine up by the oil pan, and then you slide the motor mount spacers underneath the stock motor mounts and then reinstall with the longer provided bolts. I had never done this before and it took me 2 hours.

Body lift was even faster than that.
You won't have to adjust the fan shroud height either and your oil pan and engine are 1" higher off the ground.

For discos I recommend the Rubicon Express Gen II disconnects but there's lots of good ones out there.

I'm waiting for someone to figure out how to adapt the new JK electronic swaybar disconnect to a TJ so you can lock and unlock the swaybar from the cab. :D

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:16 pm

Thank-you Sir, that's what I wanted to hear. I was weary of droppin the t-case, even if by only a couple washers. I want to go up, not down! I only have a very minor driveline vibe that seems to come and go with the level of my fuel tank :shock: I'm hoping the MML will cure it.

Lud
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lud » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:25 pm

After the mm lift all I have is a very slight vibe in 2nd gear when I punch the throttle. Other than that, no vibes. It's hardly noticeable and did not drop the Tcase at all.

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:51 pm

Who woulda thunk it...TJ tech on the Peak Putter bbs. Nice job guys. As far as installation goes, one of the perks around here is that we have a few peeps with much more than average experience that work for beer and pizza. If you don't have that, they'll do it for the love of turning a wrench.

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:43 pm

Beer & pizza? Heck, I'd bring wiskey & steaks for anyone willing to help me with this pile of parts thats building up!(shocks, SS, towbar & mounts). BL, MML & discos next month after I pay off my credit card from this month. I can't stop ordering stuff.

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:50 pm

It's an addiction :?
Dave

Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregon80

-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.

-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Lud
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lud » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:26 pm

I'd be willing to help you out or anyone else just because I love doing this stuff.
When I bought mine new in '04 in Illinois I never even planned on taking it offroad. Never turned a wrench till I bought it.

Now I move out here and look what happens. I'm still looking a belly up tcase skid and putting the front D30 ARB I have in along with chromoly shafts. Oh and I just found out there's a Tera 2-Low kit for my T-case.
It never ends.

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:49 am

No worky today cause of the snow, so I ordered my lifts. :shock: Maybe discos next month. Yeah right! Shocks are on backorder :cry: Where's the chinook??

Return to “General BS Area”