Grass seed

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Grass seed

Postby Lurch » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:43 pm

So I need to start thinking about planting some grass around the house. What have you guys used and what would you recommend. I have pretty much no shade currently so it needs to be something that holds up to heat and direct sun. In the past I have hydro seeded but the size of area I want to do would make that pretty spendy.
You can follow me.... but it's gonna hurt ;)

pascoscout

Postby pascoscout » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:52 pm

I used a blue grass mix from wilber ellis. Can see if I have an old bag to get the exact mixture tomorrow. Works great in the sun and does ok in the shade for when your trees come in.

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:21 pm

The beauty of Columbia Feed is that is ran by a very wise gal (master gardener) who can recommend a blend that should work in your conditions. Take several soil samples and figure out what you're working with to figure out what you need to put in the ground prior to seeding. Just like painting a rig, there is a lot of prep. If you like, I can help you take and analysis the soil samples... it's cheap Home Depot stuff.
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

Danny
Peak Putters Associate
Peak Putters Associate

Postby Danny » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:27 pm

Tim, I did what Steve is talking about when we built our place out on Red Mountain back in the 80's. We started with bare bladed desert, bare earth. Those folks know their stuff and the mix I bought from them did a great job.
Forget your age and live your life!

Return to “General BS Area”