Another closure...

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Another closure...

Postby Grumpy » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:47 am

E-mail received from Stephanie Beall (Oregon Department of Forestry) this afternoon.

Hi Everyone,

As you’ve probably guessed from watching the nightly reports of brush fires on the local news, fire danger is on the rise. With the forecast for rising temperatures and east winds, the IFPL (Industrial Fire Precaution Level) will be going to a LEVEL 3 at 1:00 AM on Thursday, July 30, 2015.
For recreation visitors to the Tillamook State Forest that means, effective at 1:00 a.m., PDT, July 30, 2015 the OHV Trails in the Browns Camp, Jordan Creek, Diamond Mill, Trask and BLM Upper Nestucca OHV Areas will CLOSE and remain CLOSED for the duration of the IFPL 3. During the IFPL 3, OHV operation in the Browns Camp, Jordan Creek, Diamond Mill, Trask and BLM Upper Nestucca areas will be limited to travel on maintained gravel roads only. Additionally, the non-industrial (personal use) chainsaw wavier is rescinded as part of the IFPL 3 closure.

I will send out another e-mail when the IFPL drops back down and the OHV trails re-open. I will also maintain the information on the TSF homepage. (http://www.oregon.gov/ODF/Tillamookstateforest ) As always, feel free to drop me an e-mail or give me a call if you have any questions about the closure.

Please help spread the word about the OHV trail closure. Thanks for helping to keep the Tillamook State Forest safe from wildfires!

Regards,

Stephanie A. Beall
Recreation Coordinator
Forest Grove District
Tillamook State Forest
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

tobyw

Postby tobyw » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:25 pm

Sunday paper eluded to Naches being next...
Yep, I've wheeled one of those, too...

Boyscout

Postby Boyscout » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:07 am

Status update from the TSF homepage:

OHV Trail Status
08.04.2015 (Updated) - OHV Trails are OPEN in the Browns Camp, Jordan Creek, Diamond Mill, Trask and BLM Upper Nestucca OHV areas.
Marc

1997 Jeep Wrangler SE Convertible SUV 2.5L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual

Return to “General BS Area”