Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Project with BLM

Postby Grumpy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:55 am

Greetings BLM partner group friends,

I hope these dog days of summer are a good excuse for joyful celebration of the great outdoors for you!

I am currently collaborating with our BLM OR/WA State Office Public Affairs group to build bigger and better recreation Web pages for three popular areas within Spokane District's Border Field Office, here in eastern Washington.

Those areas are:

1) Juniper Dunes (separately for Wilderness or OHV area)
2) Fishtrap (vicinity of Hog Canyon Lake, vicinity of Fishtrap Lake, Folsom Farm vicinity, or Airport Pasture)
3) Twin Lakes area

For that project my assignment is to provide "media content", namely electronic photos and video clips taken outdoors at these sites.

In the event that you would care to share some of your organization's, or personally captured photos and/or video footage, there is a chance that it could end up on the Spokane District and/or BLM OR/WA State Office website recreation sections once the improvements have been made.

So if the chance to add the project interests you, keep reading. 🙌

Rather than explain what types of images we are looking for, please open the instructional checklists I've attached, which shows the instructions I'm working from. Ignore the "minimum number of images needed" since that is for me, not for you. I welcome any number of images from you; 1 or 100.

You can also see a video capture template we have as a baseline, at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BenqctSoGZE&authuser=0

If you care to share just a few images, please feel free to just email them to me. Otherwise, if you have many images, I would greatly appreciate it if you could put them on a cd or dvd disc and mail that to me. It would be very helpful if you could sort them into sub-directories or other organization, or label tehm if sending just a few, so I know which area they are from.

Although not normally done, there is a chance that attribution could be made for any used photos, but not for video since public affairs cobbles together a final clip from multiple sources. Also, any photos in which youth (under 18 years old) are recognizeable requires written parental consent. Not recognizeable = back of head, distant, obscured, etc.

The quality of video from a smart phone is just fine, but only footage where the camera was held horizontally (wide screen image).

I realize that most of us have very busy lives and schedules, so I understand if you don't have the time or interest. But I thought it wise to ask, and of course we greatly appreciate partnering with all of you, and ANY provided images are greatly appreciated.

Please contact me with any concerns or questions, and I look forward to the next opportunity for our paths to cross.

Have a great day!

Steve A. Smith
Outdoor Recreation Planner
BLM Spokane District Office
1103 N Fancher Rd
Spokane Valley, WA 99212
(509) 536-1219
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Return to “General BS Area”