Roads as a closure tool...

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Roads as a closure tool...

Postby Grumpy » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:41 pm

Today we are one step closer to clear water! EPA must solve another murky water problem by May 2016: runoff from forest roads. Seemingly harmless dirt roads that spread out like spiderwebs across our landscapes dump tons of sediment into waterways with every rainstorm. This sediment settles into riverbeds and suffocates salmon eggs, reducing fishing opportunities. And it flows into rural and urban drinking water systems clogging filters, unnecessarily piling on extra costs to water suppliers and ratepayers. EPA has now agreed to deadlines to finally address this problem: http://www.wildearthguardians.org/site/News2…
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:52 pm

Them darn forest roads must be why we are having the third largest Columbia fall Chinook salmon run on record, and not the first or second largest.
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:22 pm

Yeah, ain't awful :roll: I found where the Supreme Court ruled against this a couple of years ago, and also another recently filed lawsuit. Sure can't find where the Court reversed itself though. Strange...
Dave

Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregon80

-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.

-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Return to “General BS Area”