EBC Stage 5 Brake Rotor and Pad Kit or ???

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

Rottwheeler

EBC Stage 5 Brake Rotor and Pad Kit or ???

Postby Rottwheeler » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:23 pm

Need new/better brakes for my LJ and am about to buy EBC's Stage 5 superstreet front brake kit which includes 78mm drilled and slotted rotors and yellow stuff pads. Just curious if you all have any experience with these or recommend something else?
Rottwheeler
White 13' JKU Rubicon, 3.5" Rubicon Express Super Flex suspension, 3:73s, 35" Nittos on American Racing ATX black faux bead locks... for now.

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:05 pm

I have no experience with EBC pads, but I have read many times that slotted rotors on a Jeep that sees mud and dust is not recommend.

I have Blaine Johnson's Black Magic pads and Centric rotors on mine. He designs a lot of stuff for Savvy and Currie and came out with his own brand of pads a few years ago. Without going to a spendy big brake kit, I think this is the way to go for up to 35" tires.

The difference is night and day compared to my stock brakes.

Follow the break in instructions carefully if you decide on going with these.

http://www.shop.blackmagicbrakes.com/Fr ... -67045.htm
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

Rottwheeler

Postby Rottwheeler » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:32 pm

TJDave wrote:I have no experience with EBC pads, but I have read many times that slotted rotors on a Jeep that sees mud and dust is not recommend.

I have Blaine Johnson's Black Magic pads and Centric rotors on mine. He designs a lot of stuff for Savvy and Currie and came out with his own brand of pads a few years ago. Without going to a spendy big brake kit, I think this is the way to go for up to 35" tires.

The difference is night and day compared to my stock brakes.

Follow the break in instructions carefully if you decide on going with these.

http://www.shop.blackmagicbrakes.com/Fr ... -67045.htm

Thanks... I had forgotten about those. :o
Rottwheeler
White 13' JKU Rubicon, 3.5" Rubicon Express Super Flex suspension, 3:73s, 35" Nittos on American Racing ATX black faux bead locks... for now.

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:18 pm

I put some Power Stop Ceramic Brake Pads and Cross Drilled/Slotted Combo Rotors frnt and rr on the Grand and am super happy; gotta go fast Hemi, I guess I should be able to stop (stopped me from killing a pony the other day, welcome to Walla Walla.)
But, I would not put ceramics and dimple / slotted rotors on a wheeler.

Lee
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Rottwheeler

Postby Rottwheeler » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:53 am

Thanks guys... I've ordered the Black Magic pads and Centric rotors. I'll provide feedback once I receive and install them. :-)
Rottwheeler

Return to “General BS Area”