Weber canyon/old a&b trails/canyons

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

rennat_2006

Weber canyon/old a&b trails/canyons

Postby rennat_2006 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:19 pm

Heard a rumor the old parking area on side of freeway for running the canyons behind the old a&b asphalt was orange fenced off now?

Anybody know if its still ok to go run the canyons out there? Ok the leave the trailers/towrigs in that little parking area still?
2000 Zr2 Blazer with HP Dana 44. 4.88's, 36's, Beadlocks, Welded rear, SYE, CV driveshafts...

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Re: Weber canyon/old a&b trails/canyons

Postby iaccocca » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:56 pm

rennat_2006 wrote:Heard a rumor the old parking area on side of freeway for running the canyons behind the old a&b asphalt was orange fenced off now?

Anybody know if its still ok to go run the canyons out there? Ok the leave the trailers/towrigs in that little parking area still?

I think it is orange fenced and marked no trespassing. If so, that is a no Bob.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

pascoscout

Postby pascoscout » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:43 pm

For those that don't know A&B was bought out by Central Washington Asphalt about a year ago. The new owners may not be as open to people using their land for off roading. They really expanded the area they are mining so they probably want to keep people away from that.

Toolegit86

Postby Toolegit86 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:50 pm

I just ran back there and no fence. the area has been cut back more for more of a yard for central but everything else was open. the farmer has cut the exits out of the first 2 canyons but the third big one is still open.
Camaro turbo lsx th400
06 Cummins "racetruck"
tj 1ton 40's 5.3 build

509 Crawlers on the facebook

Toolegit86

Postby Toolegit86 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:55 pm

also the orange fence was up to mark off the new dig out of the pit. that may have been what people have seen. I know they have started taking out more on top.

they also had the lower area fenced off so they could level and gravel the area for the new park and ride so they can remove the one next to the Conoco for the new round about
Camaro turbo lsx th400
06 Cummins "racetruck"
tj 1ton 40's 5.3 build

509 Crawlers on the facebook

Wrench
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Wrench » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:33 pm

I stopped by there yesterday. I saw no fences in the "parking area" by the highway, but the "No Trespassing" signs are there. I never noticed the signs before, but they look like they have been there for several years.
Paul
'84 XJ, '19JL

Return to “General BS Area”