Naches road work

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Naches road work

Postby Grumpy » Fri May 13, 2016 2:54 pm

NACHES— Construction work to make some drainage improvements to Forest Service roads 1600 and 1611 on the Naches Ranger District will begin this spring and early summer. Forest visitors can expect delays and temporary closures through the duration of the project.

The work will take place May 16-27 on Forest Service roads 1600 and 1611, and resume again June 1-30. During those timeframes, visitors should expect delays on Road 1600, from mile post 0.75-2.17, near the forest boundary. Temporary daily closures will be permitted on Road 1611 from the beginning of the road at mile post 0.0 to mile post 5.5.

The construction contract allows for Road 1611 to be closed up to 4 hours between 8 a.m.-12 p.m., and 1 p.m.-4 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Daily closures may not last that long, but visitors should prepare for closures during the entire permitted timeframe.

The project work consists of replacing culverts, constructing drivable dips and other road drainage improvements. This work will also help to reduce sediment reaching adjacent streams.

“Road drainage work is important to prevent future damage to roads from spring snowmelt runoff and high intensity rain events,” said Assistant Forest Transportation Engineer Marge Hutchinson. “The 1600 and 1611 roads have had damage in past years, so we are performing this work to maintain quality access to these areas of the forest. We appreciate people’s patience as we work hard to keep these closures to a minimum.”

Funding for this project is from the Collaborative Forest Landscape Restoration Program (CFLRP). Part of the objective of the CFLRP funds is to use various ecological restoration techniques to achieve ecological and watershed health objectives.

Individuals are encouraged to check the forest website http://www.fs.usda.gov/okawen, or call the Naches Ranger District at 509-653-1401 for road and trail updates and more information on current conditions.

Map/Photo Caption: A general vicinity map of where the construction will occur. Visitors driving through these areas should plan trips according to estimated construction times. Forest managers thank visitors for their patience and adherence to restrictions in construction zones.
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Re: Naches road work

Postby TJDave » Fri May 13, 2016 5:01 pm

Thank you Dave.

Are those are up Clover Springs road in the Nile Valley? I can't remember.
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

Grumpy

Re: Naches road work

Postby Grumpy » Fri May 13, 2016 5:32 pm

No clue...I'll ask Murk to post some maps.
Dave

Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregon80

-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.

-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Return to “General BS Area”