Bare TJ Frame?

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

Optiskate

Bare TJ Frame?

Postby Optiskate » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:22 pm

Does any one have a bare TJ frame sitting around. I know its a long shot. I'd love to just buy one, but I'm not really in the position to do that right now. I do, however, need access to one to do a little 3D modeling. I'm designing and building suspension for my 5th year project of my Sheetmetal Apprenticeship and I thought it would be pretty cool to go above and beyond and do all my drawing in 3D. The frame, skid, mounts, arms, tubing adapters, jamb nuts, heim joints, axle brackets, trusses, axles, and the whole 9 yards need to be modeled so that it can be viewed and articulated as an assembly. I know there are some drawings of frames out there on the net, but it would be really nice to be able to pull measurements from a straight frame first hand. It would be good practice any way. Not to mention, I don't believe any of the drawings I've seen have all the required information to completely model one. At least not accurately. I don't have the room or time to strip my Jeep down to the frame right now, otherwise it would already be done. If some one has one sitting around ready to be measured though, then it would save me a ton of headaches. I've done quite a bit of searching the vast interweb and every one talks about knowing some one who has a frame all drawn up in solid works, but no one seems to have one as far as I can find. Any way, if any one has a TJ frame that I can have access to, then I'd be greatly appreciative.

Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

Re: Bare TJ Frame?

Postby Roman » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:51 am

Thought I had one for ya, but no dice...
A buddy from work bought a "clean" 2000 TJ for a song, only to find out the frame was rotted out around the tranny skid bolts. He found a good frame in Yakima and did the swap, but plaz'd the old frame into bite size bits already!

Optiskate

Re: Bare TJ Frame?

Postby Optiskate » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:09 pm

Thanks Jose. I really appreciate it. I haven't been able to find one yet, but I'll come up with something. I'm thinking about only modeling the center section of the frame if thats what it comes down to. It will get me by.

Return to “General BS Area”