opinions on superchargers?

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

Casey

opinions on superchargers?

Postby Casey » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:35 pm

Looking at possibly trading my JK for a TJ Rubicon, low miles, been towed behind a motorhome, has an avenger supercharger on it. Curious of opinions or if any knowledge on them? Or supercharged 4.0's in general.

Found some good reviews online but the company seems to have gone out of business maybe? Can't find much current info on them, which would make me worry about parts or support. I think the supercharger would be nice with my trailer I built so thats a plus, but just concerned about reliability.

bobracing

Re: opinions on superchargers?

Postby bobracing » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:57 am

Not much help, but know of two supercharged 4.0s running around, don't know either of the brands.
One is a Rattlesnake 4x4 member with a LJ, think the supercharger was installed last year. Last trip with him I couldn't keep up, this was headed up Middle fork in the Ahtanum.
The other is a Desert Rat with a very nice TJ. We ran Kaner/Shoestring so no HP was needed, very pretty with the hood open and he didn't mention any problems.
James
'92 YJ with a little something of everything.

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Re: opinions on superchargers?

Postby Grumpy » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:22 pm

Properly matched to the application and maintained, they'll last as long or longer that the engine.
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Return to “General BS Area”