Early comment on EWRAC meeting

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Early comment on EWRAC meeting

Postby Grumpy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:07 pm

The EWRAC meeting today went quite well. John Thompson, David Linton and I were the public participation for the day, and were made to feel more than welcome. As they didn't have a quorum, they were unable to take any any formal actions, so it was basically a very active round robin. Lots of Juniper discussion regarding what was felt to be some of the best moves for development. The general feeling was that none of us would like to see any overboard stuff. Keep it as primitive as possible may be the order of the day. Everyone was in agreement about vault toilets though. We want them. One thing of concern was horse traffic through the OHV area. Really needs to be addressed, and I think some headway was made there. The BCH guys seem pretty fair minded. Brad Peck was there for Franklin County, and yup, just waiting on paperwork and we have road. BTW, he's a wheeler. Has a locked and loaded Land Cruiser. Anyway, we all left feeling pretty upbeat about things, and the BLM staff was very receptive to input. Jeff will have meeting minutes soon, and I'll post them as soon as I get them.
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

tobyw

Re: Early comment on EWRAC meeting

Postby tobyw » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:54 am

Is this the same road that was supposed to have been funded and built like 5 years ago? And 3 years before that? And 24 months before that? And 85 weeks before that? And.... :roll:
Yep, I've wheeled one of those, too...

Grumpy

Re: Early comment on EWRAC meeting

Postby Grumpy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:32 pm

Yeah, the one that should have been built 30 years ago. Seems we finally have some adults in charge.
Dave

Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregon80

-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.

-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Return to “General BS Area”