Cleaning out an estate

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

Fab_man

Cleaning out an estate

Postby Fab_man » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:28 pm

So two weeks ago my father passed away and part of the legacy he left me was his massive collection of "stuff"

We currently have a dozen or so chainsaws stacked on a pallet (two are farm bosses...one old enough to not have a safety on it) A bakers dozen of compact tractors (mostly diesel powered John Deere's and a couple Kubota's)
a 40' RV (I think `99 vintage with a V10 triton and one or two slides)
4 boats
a 50' boom lift (Snorkel lift) with a seized Ford VSG411 motor in it....weighs in at 12,000 pounds and was delivered on a lowboy
a 1992 Ford Pickup
A wood Chipper
a log splitter (built from a Caterpillar hydraulic cylinder and powered off a 18hp Kohler with a hydraulic controlled arm for loading the rounds onto the ram)
a couple trailers
a pile of scaffolding (8 sections so far) and aluminum pick boards (4 of them 30' long)
literally tons of hand tools
about two wood shops worth of stationary power tools
a giant torch kit (fuel cylinder is 5' tall and about 16" in diameter)
Lionel trains
Unknown number of firearms (was told there might be a crate of SKS rifles....like 10 or 12 in the shipping crate still)

I have never had to deal with an estate like this. I am trying to help my mother out as much as I can from WA (everything is in IL) Right now we are trying to figure out the value of everything so we can start listing it for sale and trying to figure out what to do about the lift (I soaked the cylinders with ATF for a week and it didn't want to turn with a breaker bar on it)

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Re: Cleaning out an estate

Postby SPR » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:31 pm

Ufda. Best wishes
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:06 am

Condolences from Susan and me. Do not envy you the job entailed.
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Buckis

Postby Buckis » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:59 am

This sounds like a nightmare. How many work hours do you think all that took in the end?
These are definitely sarms worth checking out if you want to bulk up.

Return to “General BS Area”