Paint?

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

mattawajeep

Paint?

Postby mattawajeep » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:28 pm

Anyone got a good source for getting some parts painted? I've got a bunch of big pieces I want to have painted the factory color with a good clearcoat so rattlecan is more trouble than I want to deal with, especially in these temperatures.

I've got aluminum corner armor, rockers, and an aluminum hood vent (need to drop the engine bay temp so my remote trans cooler works better, as well as cover up some damage).

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Re: Paint?

Postby Lurch » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:22 am

If it's body armor type stuff I would consider having it powdercoated. It will hold up better to scratches. Most powder coat guys can get pretty close to your factory color.
You can follow me.... but it's gonna hurt ;)

mattawajeep

Postby mattawajeep » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:13 am

Huh, wouldn't have thought of that. I've had several things powder coated at Fab Tek in Yakima, but I believe they only do black. They do a very good job though, and the price is right.

I can check with them and see if they'll try and match a factory paint code. My jeep is Silverstone Metallic, so that might be even more trouble. If they can't do it know anybody good in tri cities?

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:43 pm

Tri city powdercoating has done stuff for me in the past. He can do a large variety of colors.

http://www.tricitypowdercoating.com/contact/
You can follow me.... but it's gonna hurt ;)

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:06 pm

Watching
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

Return to “General BS Area”