Headed West

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

BullRider

Headed West

Postby BullRider » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:21 pm

So...I meet a great group of wheelers, go on a couple runs, and look forward to running many more. Then....Congradulations, you got the promotion you've been waiting for, but its in Seattle. What can I guy do....Sorry guys, I gotta follow the money. I wish I could've gone on more runs, helped tool a few projects, etc. Unfortunately for those wishes, I'm reporting to duty on Monday, July 7th. On the upside, my first two weeks of training are in Yakima, WA. So I will be posting a ride to Ahtanum or Naches(probably one each weekend I'm their) before I'm actually permanately in the Seattle area. I'll also keep checking the forum to see if their are any upcoming events in the Naches area. It isn't that far of a drive from the opposite side of the mountains to warrant an excuse not to go on a run. So hopefully you'll see the Bullrider again. Just wanted to say eventhough I only recently joined the forum, I met some fun people, had some great runs, and enjoyed chatting with you all. :super

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:02 pm

It was great to meet and wheel/camp with you. All is not as bad as it seems (except for the traffic and rain!!) When I lived over there we went to Evan's Creek alot-just outside of Enumscratch and Buckley, WA. Fun area with a campground that they are talking about expanding. Naches is also about the same distance from Seattle as here (as long as Chinook Pass is open on Hwy 410.) We have even drove the long way through White Pass and back up 410 to Naches. So we could still meet you there sometime----and you'll have more money!! :D The restaurant chain I worked over there opened a new one about every two years--Renton, Belleview, Fed. Way, Redmond etc. etc. My tip is to rent a house or apt. within a couple miles of the store you will be working at. That will give you a couple hours of your life back each day instead of sitting in traffic. 2 hours to work and 30 min to get home when the restaurant closed--and that was over 10 years ago. I can't imagine what it is like now----wait, yes I can. :evil: good luck, see you in the woods. Dave
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:16 pm

Sorry to hear your leaving :( but congrats on the promotion. :D It was great camping and wheeling with you. Like Dave said you can still meet us and go on couple runs. I wouldn't mind making a road trip and checking out Evans creek. I've heard its alot of fun. See you out on the trail.

White trash

Postby White trash » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:30 pm

Your moving to seattle not Bejing stop being a drama queen.. :lol:

I'm sure we'll meet up to wheel in the mountains at some point in time. 8)

Lud
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lud » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:11 am

Good luck with the new job in Seattle. Like everyone's saying we'll see you around.

If you're off the weekend after Labor Day go check out the Pnwjeep Clubs annual Meet and Greet at Evan's Creek. There's lots of people at that one and some good wheeling there. I went there in '06 and had a good time. There were some Toyotas and even a chopped up F150.

Return to “General BS Area”