So what's your 4th like?

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

sams88

So what's your 4th like?

Postby sams88 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:47 pm

Myself, I'm just taking it easy. Sometimes it's pretty nice being an old fart... Was over at Williams (a friend of mine) house earlier, checking out his tube bending work on my yota. Looking pretty good. He did a a little number for a roll bar, that also mounts the spare tire, the hi-lift, and also a short shovel. And got the drivers seat mounted now so it's higher so the side window hits me at the arm pit so I can look out to the side good. Needed to do that so I could put those rock lights to work. :) And my transfer case disk e-brake is now working nice and smooth as he spliced up a new cable for that.

And shortly we will be doing the BBQ thing, and then heading over to the daughter's place where we can sit in her driveway and watch the fireworks in comfort. So all in all it's been a pretty good day for me.

Being a retired sailor though, my mind slips back to all those people in the service that aren't at home enjoying hamburgers or their family, and my thoughts really go out to them, as I'm sure they do with any one that has been there.
90 MJ, 5.5" RE Long arm
88 yota p/u

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:02 am

We enjoyed time with family and gave thanks for our country.

Fried Chicken, Cowboy Beans and loud explosions (beans?. . naw. . .fireworks on Canal)

I did manage to get the rear shocks and front springs off of the race truck first thing in the AM though.

sams88

Postby sams88 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:45 am

Was nice weather in the morning for working on stuff compared to what we have been having lately!! :) It cooled down real good last night, actually got a little on the chilly side with the breeze where we were watching the fireworks. Was a nice long show! :)
90 MJ, 5.5" RE Long arm

88 yota p/u

White trash

Postby White trash » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:48 am

Went down to ACE and spent the money for a US made flag to replace the cheap chinese one that was flying on the front of the house...

Otherwise we didn't do a darned thing, didn't even step outside to watch the neighbors setting off fireworks. :lol:

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Re: So what's your 4th like?

Postby iaccocca » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:55 pm

sams88 wrote:Being a retired sailor though, my mind slips back to all those people in the service that aren't at home enjoying hamburgers or their family, and my thoughts really go out to them, as I'm sure they do with any one that has been there.

We spent the weekend with a retired sailor and his wife. We went and stayed on my parents' boat in Blaine and watched the fireworks show from the bow of their motor sailer. It looked like they put the show on just for us. It was a great weekend.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:02 am

We went to friends up on Canal, and if you ask the wrong people, they'll try to tell you I don't remember. One fifth of good Scotch can do that. Don't know if Jose is out of bed yet :roll:
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:04 am

Had some family over for a BBQ, then some fireworks. It was raining bottle rocket sticks from all the houses in our neighborhood in some kind of rocket war. I had a ton of mortars and managed to blow a few of those pesky little rockets right out of the sky :D Saturday, we hauled the boat and the kiddies to Charbonneou (sp?) park for more BBQ and boating. Had to go to the Snake river 'cause my nephew's wife is from the west side and is afraid to take their 2yr old up river north of Richland to the dunes where we usually hang out. I said why not, it's kimo therapy beach, you will be cancer free. then her mind was really made up. :shock:
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

Lud
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lud » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:31 pm

We went wheeling at Liberty. It rocked!

Lets just say the townspeople of Liberty got to see a Ranger with a "Woodyear" tire after the axle snapped off at the end.

Don

Postby Don » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:57 pm

No, your eyes aren't playing tricks, the fish really is that color!! Somehow I happend to wear a sweatshirt that matched the fish!

For the 4th we went fishing out of Westport. Was supposed to be Salmon fishing, but some how we missed that the season was only open Sun thru Thurs, so since we had the boat we figured we'd kill some time bottom fishing. To our surprise, we slayed the Lings!! MMMM ... yes Jimmy, you have presents :D

Other than fishing, we went to the Tallship Festival in Tacoma, which was cool. Seeing the bay full of sailing ships at full sail was definately cool. I never knew there was a Puget Sound Pirates Club ... I guess if the Peak Putters goes under, we'll have something to do :roll:

Sprinkle in a few fireworks, some BBQing and awesome west side weather, it was a GREAT weekend!!

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:40 am

You got a GreenLing. . .funny color, yummy tacos.

Danny
Peak Putters Associate
Peak Putters Associate

Postby Danny » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:21 pm

Well, our 4th was spent with family. Mini me and his wife came over from seattle and we spent the day with them. Her folks have a place on the columbia in north richland. Her little brother and a neighbor are BIG on fireworks and goes up to Wapato to get the real stuff each year.

Then a neighbor on the other side of them had an even bigger display and kept saying, "beat that one". We were surprised the feds didn't show up.

We also did the BBQ thing, chicken and a ton of salads, Oh, and did I mention beer...ya right....beers.

The wife mixed up a couple batches of icecream and we made home made icecream, vanella and strawberry with real strawberries.

It was a great time.

So Don....you dog you. Been a long time since I landed one of those. Pretty cool man, only we dove for them and used pole spears to catch them. Now that's a fight. Under water they will actually attack you, and I'm not kidding.

sams88

Postby sams88 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:58 pm

ah yes, those Ling Cod can get really huge! When I was a baby sailor and stationed at NAS Whidbey Island in the 60's, we used to go fishing for them about half a mile out from Deception Pass. Really big fish. They may look a bit ugly, but they sure taste good!!!! Brings back a lot of really fond memories. :)
90 MJ, 5.5" RE Long arm

88 yota p/u

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

4th of July

Postby iaccocca » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:36 am

Here is our veiwing station for the fireworks. (Mum's and Dad's boat...)

...and here is the view...

Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:40 am

I want the boat...
Dave

Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregon80

-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.

-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Return to “General BS Area”