Top End of Pucker Ridge

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Top End of Pucker Ridge

Postby SPR » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:55 am

Can anyone tell me where the top end of the Pucker Ridge Trail starts?
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

commando14
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby commando14 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:56 am

If I could look at a map with the trails I could probably tell you where its at. We found it a few months back, I don't recall where exactly the top end was but both the bottom and top ends were marked with the same trail number. Is running it from the top down considered the correct way? We went for a ways up the lower entrance and from what I seen it would have been easier to be coming from the other way, I'm guessing that would be running it backwards. Steve, do you know where I could get a good trail map for the Rimrock area?

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:53 pm

Strange... You use to be able to find the Yakima County/Naches Forest map on line. Your best bet is to contact the Forest Service's Naches District Office and have one Shipped.
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

oddball
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby oddball » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:09 am

The reason there is no trail number or directions to the trail head is that it is very dangerous. From what I've been able to read on different sites is that giving out the location would get more people on the trail with certain dissasterous results. The trail is so rarely ran that it is easy to lose on flat ground. There is a good story on the Pucker Ridge trail on the nwjeepn.com site. Click on trails, then on Pucker Ridge in the Rimrock Lake area of the site.

White trash

Postby White trash » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:14 am

:lol: Pucker is "dangerous" for all of 100 yards... Its a fun trail, heck you could drive a honda civic across the ridge if you could get it through the rest of the trail... :wink:

Before i ran it I was told by old school Jeepers of its lore and danger and how you could easily die on it as its so hair raising. When you get to the ridge you should take your doors off and leave the seatbelt off incase it starts to go you can dive for safety.... :lol: I was nervous about it till I saw it with my own eye's.. I'd run it again any time. 8)

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:30 pm

White Trash...Send me a PM and tell me were the top of the trail head is....

White trash

Postby White trash » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:07 pm

It's been a long time since I've been on it, I'd have be there to find it again. Sorry. :?

oddball
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Re: Top End of Pucker Ridge

Postby oddball » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:24 pm

Found it………but only because we drove up it and out that way

Return to “General BS Area”