JUNIPER Saturday Dec 11

Pics and reports of past Juniper / Beverly Dunes runs
Jobin

JUNIPER Saturday Dec 11

Postby Jobin » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:20 am

We had a good time me and Don got out there around noon met robby ( redbull ranger ) at the entrance ran up to the top, don unloaded and we were off. We ran pretty much all over the place and were having a great time untill my clutch just didnt want to climb any more hills. All in all a good time pretty confident in the bronco, Ill be realy confident once i get a new clutch. Sorry no pictures tho.

mattawajeep

Postby mattawajeep » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:12 pm

I rolled in around two just as Don, Jobin, and redbull were heading out. Met up with a black 4-runner and a green international (I'm the worst person in the world when it comes to names so forgive me).

Had some fun putting around in the dunes, and got to try out my winch on the international. I think somebody has pictures of it somewhere - he was stuck quite nicely on a really steep hill. After that we headed out into the back side and played on a few of the good hill climbs until my brother and I had to leave. Thought we were lost for awhile trying to get back to the road on some 4-wheeler trails but the road was just hiding and we made it out in time for a quick bit of shopping before the Christmas party.

Redbull(Ranger)

Postby Redbull(Ranger) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:11 pm

Was a good first experience at juniper thanks for showing me around 8)
WATCH OUT!

Don

Postby Don » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:00 pm

Despite the rain and my lack of a respectable top and windshield wipers, I had a great time! Stayed amazingly dry and warm (think the hard top is going to get sold soon). Had good company in the passenger seat. Jeep did great. I'm continuing to gain confidence in it with every run. Looking forward to getting out again!

My only complaint is how beat up the roads are at Juniper. It's pretty sad how whooped up and pot holed the roads are. It's not worth driving to the upper parking lot in a street rig anymore. The area is getting so over used it's not recovering with each wind storm like it used to.

Redbull(Ranger)

Postby Redbull(Ranger) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:35 pm

ya those whoops are horrible
WATCH OUT!

Jobin

Postby Jobin » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:19 am

Try driving a stock supened 84 B2 it was rough

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:42 am

Try driving a stock f-350 pulling a trailer!! I have to hit the upper lot when I take the rail out. That gravel road would destroy my paddles.
You can follow me.... but it's gonna hurt ;)

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:41 am

Below is a website that explains the creation of washboards in road. It appears that the large whoops in the Juniper road are simply washboards that grew over time due the type of soil and vehicle traffic. Interestingly, the speed of vehicles traveling on the road plays a large role in the development of washboards. If the road was graded flat, it would likely remain flat if the speed limit was set at 5mph.

One thing not mentioned in the website wash the effect of wind on roads with washboards. I have been told that wind will exacerbate the problem by scouring the troughs between Whoops.

http://perso.ens-lyon.fr/nicolas.taberlet/washboard/
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

Redbull(Ranger)

Postby Redbull(Ranger) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:16 pm

I remember driving right behind the bronco 2 and just seeing you be flung around in that thing looked funny from behind but probably wasnt to enjoyable
WATCH OUT!

Return to “Juniper Dunes / Beverly Dunes”