Scott Firefighter Stairclimb

Post whatever here.

Moderator: TJDave

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Scott Firefighter Stairclimb

Postby iaccocca » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:47 am

Our own Rich Jendro is participating in the Scott Firefighter Stairclimb (as seen on Facebook.)

http://www.llswa.org/site/TR/Events/FirefighterStairclimb?pg=pfind&fr_id=1453&searchFirstName=&searchLastName=jendro&fr_search_type=participant&fr_find_search=Search&submit=true

I've made a small donation in the name of the club (he has already raised serious coin.)

Lee
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

toyman2

Postby toyman2 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:53 pm

Good luck! I've done it twice, its alot of work.

Livin4Today

Postby Livin4Today » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:35 pm

3 times for me, I'm done.

However to help Rich Jendro out, I'll share a little about the cost to participate in the event somebody believed it was a long walk up some stairs. Last year (my last go) I spent well over $500 in cash, a weekend of my time and of course about 8 hours of traveling, not to mention all the time raising funds (asking people for money) and missing the Moonshiners Swap Meet.

For those that gave in my name last year, Thank You! Please continue the generousity and support Rich he will no doubt give as much of himself as any of us before him, and a much longer drive so his personal investment will be even higher than mine.

$20 coming at ya!
Lance

Building a capable off roader is easy, building a street legal one that you can wheel and then drive daily is the challenge...

2007 JKU, 7" RK lift, 40s, ARBs, 5.38s, Headers, Fox Coilovers, etc. http://www.Livin4Today.com

rjjff

Postby rjjff » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:31 pm

Thanks for the support guys. It should be challenging but it is for a good cause and looking forward to it.

toyman2

Postby toyman2 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:44 pm

Livin4Today wrote:3 times for me, I'm done.

However to help Rich Jendro out, I'll share a little about the cost to participate in the event somebody believed it was a long walk up some stairs. Last year (my last go) I spent well over $500 in cash, a weekend of my time and of course about 8 hours of traveling, not to mention all the time raising funds (asking people for money) and missing the Moonshiners Swap Meet.

For those that gave in my name last year, Thank You! Please continue the generousity and support Rich he will no doubt give as much of himself as any of us before him, and a much longer drive so his personal investment will be even higher than mine.

$20 coming at ya!

And I would say that was cheap for the cost alone to pertisapate, worth every penny however. It is hard to understand the large investment just to help others in a great event such as this.
You will find out what your made of I can promise that.

Best of luck to you in your climb. Remember, Pain is temparary the memory is forever. you have one shot to give your all.

rjjff

Postby rjjff » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:51 pm

So after a bit of a tongue lashing from Lance, I figured I'd better post up on the outcome of the Stairclimb. Laura and I arrived in Seattle the day before and checked in. She was my "bottle-changer" at the 40th floor. I wasn't sure whether I would need to change out the bottle or not but I did. Laura was concerned about being able to quickly change out the bottle but she had some help from some Boise City Fire Department guys which was nice. The first 40 floors I felt alright, changed out the bottle, and then it got hard. It's true that the last 29 flights is the toughest. However, I reached the 69th floor at 27:11 which is what I was hoping to do; less than 30 minutes. Thanks to everyone who donated. The total I raised was a little over $1,500.

toyman2

Postby toyman2 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:20 am

Congratulations, it is a tuff climb. I also think it makes it tougher that the numbers in the stair case are wrong for the floor your trying to get to.

Return to “General BS Area”