ADDING PICS TO POSTS - For new users...

If you're new to our board please make your first post here and introduce yourself.
Livin4Today

ADDING PICS TO POSTS - For new users...

Postby Livin4Today » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:08 am

Adding Pictures to Posts

Following the examples below should get you in a picture sharing mood, our Motto is: if there aren't any pictures it didn't happen (or doesn't exist). Hopefully this will help you new(er) folks, show us what you've got....

JK Lance wrote:
mad_monkey75 wrote:I was trying to put some up on here but I may be missing something? Could you give a quick run down on how to put one or two on? Can do a lot things but computers are not my best suit

Sometimes that's hard flying blind, because we see things differently, for instance I have a button that is Upload picture that you don't yet have...

So we'll go back to the basic route as I remember it...

Up above this very box we type in you have an Img (Image) shortcut button that you'll bypass after you get used to the code method, mostly learned by cut and paste. Click that button and you get this

[img]Now%20place%20the%20URL%20or%20Internet%20location%20(flicker,%20photobucket,%20another%20website)%20of%20your%20picture%20that%20you%20wish%20to%20share,%20and%20close%20it%20by%20adding%20a%20slash%20before%20IMG%20as%20in[/img]

for each picture you want to share. Another way to figure it out is using the quote button on other threads with pictures to see the code that makes their pics work and copy paste and modify that before submitting your post.

That should have you thoroughly confused or at least clear as mud, here is a picture of my screen, I'm betting you don't have that Upload picture button, I hope that helps...

Creating Avatars

TJDave wrote:
rhulain wrote:Now how do I set a pic as a avatar

Kind of the same deal except you have to re-size the photo to the dimensions specified on this site (max w/h 210 pixels). And, you do not use the img tags.

At least that's how I do it using photobucket. There could be an easier method, but I seem to be good at doing things the hard way. :D
Last edited by Livin4Today on Tue May 20, 2014 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lance

Building a capable off roader is easy, building a street legal one that you can wheel and then drive daily is the challenge...

2007 JKU, 7" RK lift, 40s, ARBs, 5.38s, Headers, Fox Coilovers, etc. http://www.Livin4Today.com

Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

Postby Roman » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:39 am

:thu:

Return to “Introduction Area for the Newbies”